2005 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Review: Beware of a Few Things Before

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Review

Beware of a Few Things Before Pruchase
By mikeb on

2005 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My RAV is actually an '04, but I feel that I should share my experience. I liked the vehicle at first, but several things began to bug me. First, I found the front seats front seats to be very uncomfortable if driving more than 30 minutes, and so did my passengers. Second, the back seat has horrible leg room - a problem if you have back seat passengers on a regular basis. Third, the rear hatch door seems flimsy and items fall out too easily. Also, the cabin seemed to cramped - and I am only 5'8" and 150lbs. My previous car was a Civic and somehow the cabin of the RAV seems smaller!I traded my RAV in for a '05 Honda CRV SE - much better vehicle over all - tons more room!

Handling and mileage.

More comfortable seats!! More backseat leg room. Bigger cabin and cargo area. More usable storage space.(CRV has a tons more storage). Better fabric on seating. "Lip" at rear of cargo floor so items don't fall out! Check out the '05 CRV SE (leather)!