Used 2013 Toyota Prius Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Another distinctive white Prius! Yay!
By rcatley@charter.net

2013 Toyota Prius Hatchback Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Excellent fuel mileage. The Prius rides and handles like any small firm suspension car, it is NOT a luxury cruiser or sports car. The Prius has a deceptively large interior with excellent cargo space. It does run with the pack on our busy interstates. Slightly noisier than one would expect. There is a learning curve in adapting your driving habits to a Hybrid. Zero mechanical problems or malfunctions so far, (at least prior to the current accident). Interior materials could be better.
We have not been able to duplicate the advertised 51 Mpg, but it is only a minor disappointment as I find 48.7 for all my local and Interstate driving quite acceptable. Trips of over a thousand miles were comfortable enough, and I am 6'2" tall.
The Prius does what it is designed to do, which is to cleanly use the minimum of fuel while getting you safely to your destination.
Safety, unfortunately, I can attest to the excellent safety of the Prius in an accident situation, after being rear ended by a speeding pickup truck in a
multi - vehicle accident.
Would I buy another Prius?
Absolutely, positively yes!

The Sum Of Its Parts
By John

2013 Toyota Prius Hatchback Five 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It is a Prius. Great mileage, nice technology packages on the trim. It won't win any races, and it might "scream" at you when you want it to get up and go - but as a functional daily driver - or even for economical road trips, it does everything right. So, even if elements in their own right only merit a 4/5 review, the car is great overall. On top of everything, we got a great deal and in the color my wife wanted. This is our second Prius - my brother has one, and my folks have had two - no complaints, a lot of praise.

We love it
By lorraine rombach

2013 Toyota Prius Hatchback One Fleet 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We had a 2004 Prius before and loved it but traded it in for a new car which we liked not loved. Then we tried 4 other cars which we liked. Always thought about the Prius. We finally came back and we love it and we are keeping it.

Love my prius!
By Laura

2013 Toyota Prius Hatchback Persona Series Special Edition 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Extremely ecologically friendly, great fuel economy (easily 50-60 mpg for mine so far!). It takes a little bit to get used to driving it but once you do, it's like a dream to drive and finding that "sweet spot" where you top out the fuel economy at 100mpg is so rewarding. Lot of room in the back for cargo. I love all the nice extras the Persona has with it. Sporty looking, fun to drive, best car ever!

Waked away from major Crash -- 55MPH Just brused
By garykapda@gmail.com

2013 Toyota Prius Hatchback Three 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I post this to help other.Three second distraction from the highway. the car in front stopped for a school bus on the other side. I took my eye off the road for three seconds. I never thought the cars would be stopped. Toyota safest car, I walked way with just bruised rib and shoulder. Thank you Toyota. Prius 2013 , hard it at 55 MPH