Used 2012 Toyota Prius Two Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Prius model:
Be sure this is what you want
By demetrios999 on 07/30/12 10:26 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Run the numbers before making your decision. 50 mpg is impressive, but the Prius costs several thousand dollars more than a comparably equipped gas-only vehicle (think Corolla). If you drive 15,000 miles per year, the difference in annual fuel costs between a car that gets 30mpg and a car that gets 50mpg is only $600/year @ $3/gallon, or $800/year at $4/gallon. You may never make up the cost difference. Power is acceptable (not great) when you punch "Power Mode", otherwise it is a road hazard. I always punch that button when driving from a stoplight or getting on the highway, and turn it off when I am up to speed.

Great Car
By nick1936 on 05/01/12 13:45 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Prius Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Love this easy to operate I drive mostly with cruise control and i am getting 55+ mpg only had the car for a month and have already saved $350 in gas over my old van.I will continue to put the difference in gas savings in a saving account for a year to see what the total saving areand subtract them from my sales price including tags and taxes which was $ 22,245 a think was a great buy.

Pleasantly surprised with the 2012 over the 2011
By chipl on 03/01/12 17:30 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Prius Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Was bargain shopping for a 2011 at a Tysons VA dealer last week. They dissed me on the trade and said to take it to Carmax for the trade. So headed to Laurel MD and glad I did! The 2012 is so much nicer inside than the 2011. Add to that $3900 better on my trade-in! Things people complain about, road noise, the stereo, and such - just aren't there in my opinion. The ride/noise is as nice as my old 2003 Baja, maybe better at times except under very hard acceleration. Loving the CVT transmission, such smooth driving; but find myself needing to watch the speedometer more to be sure I am not speeding.