2006 Toyota Prius Consumer Review: Great Car!

2006 Toyota Prius - Consumer Review

Base 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Great Car!
By Tommy on

2006 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

If you want the most bang for your buck, this is the car I would recommend. I purchased the car with the cheapest package (base Model) and it comes with great features. Nothing to complain. I average about 45 MPG and be able to drive about 450 miles per tank. Great for commuting. Being able to use the steering wheel to control the A/C and radio is a uge bonus. There are only 2 things that I do not like. One is the power, a little harsh on steep hills and the other will be the stereo. The speakers aren't that very good on the base model. Well those are just my small complaints. I hope all of you enjoy the car as much as I do. Be careful in parking lots since pedestrians cannot hear you

Favorite Features

Be able to control A/C and radio through steering wheel. The LCD monitor in the dashboard (get to see how the energy is being used). The mileage I get.

Suggested Improvements

Cannot see the front. When first purchased the car, kept stopping very short in parking spots. Bumper is easily scratchable. Stereo is not very good. There is a beeping sound when backing up, but only in interior, wish there was an option for exterior when trying to back out of parking spots.