2001 Toyota ECHO Consumer Review: Cheap and Reliable town commut

2001 Toyota ECHO - Consumer Review

Cheap and Reliable town commuting
By lostfido on

2001 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this vehicle for two years now. It's not a bad little car overall. I'm a chronically single computer geek, so the 'embarrassment in front of potential in-laws' clause doesn't apply to me. :) I like my life. I don't have issues with the styling, so I'm not going to comment on it. When I bought this car, my objectives were to get the cheapest possible car vs. potential durability. I like to think I achieved that by getting the cheapest model from a very reputable car maker. The basic model was sufficient for me: no cd player, no side-beam air bags, and etc. Besides it's great for a fat person on a budget (like me!).

Getting in and out of the vehicle is a breeze. Instead of stooping and crunching down you step up and sit down with ease. The cassette player has this feature that allows you to skip songs on a cassette player just like you would with a cd player. It has a phenomenal speaker system.

The blind areas are scary. This car has about three extra blind areas that you have to mind while starting and stopping on 'broadway'. The three are in the frontal area in addition to the usual two rear blind spots. Not cool. Wind shear and highway fuel consumption are issues too.