1994 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
The mighty Corolla
By evrynite on 12/15/14 12:48 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Best car that I have ever owned.

Loved my Toyolla
By s on 09/08/10 06:10 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Bought it with 40k, now at 160k with only standard repairs needed- alternator, radiator. Alternator kept needed to be replaced after the first one, but that is apparently not that unusual for rebuilt ones. One of the rear door handles didn't work from the outside, had it fixed once but happened again. Overall: super reliable, not super fast but still fun to drive (5 speed manual), great mileage.

Best car I've ever owned
By Drew on 08/25/10 16:59 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

We bought our '94 Corolla back in '95 from a Toyota dealership which used it as a rental-loan car. It only had 10,000 miles on it, now it's clocking nearly 200,000. At the time, half of the Corollas were built in Japan, half in California. Ours is a Japanese built example. The fit and finish of this car surpasses many more expensive models. It still looks great, runs perfect and gets great mileage. It still has the original engine and transmission. I change the oil every 3,000 to 6,000 miles. I also have the transmission serviced regularly. This little gem doesn't use a drop of oil either. One day we're going to have to get rid of it but the way this thing runs it might be another 100,000 miles!

I love my 1994 Toyota - 270,000 and going
By cathy on 08/03/10 17:09 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1994 Toyota used in 2004. It had been in an accident and was fixed by someone who buys junk cars at auctions. It had over 12,000 miles at the time, since then I have changed the oil every 3 to 4 thousand miles, had to replace tires and breaks. I had a deer hit it and did some damage, my insurance said they wanted to total the car and give me $900.00. I said 'no way' I dropped the insurance and had the car fixed, even though it was hit by a deer again 2 weeks later, the hood bent a bit, I am now going on 270,000 miles and still running strong. My Toyota, even though it is wounded is worth much more than $900.00 to me - it will run forever! I know it! I love it.

uhmazing
By reese on 07/27/10 11:32 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I love this car. It has loads of power for a 1.8 liter 4 cyl engine. Nice size. Can park anywhere easily. All my components work, ac heater Windows everything. Little rust at bottom my car has 701,456 miles. I also bought it new and I bought same size 14 inch rims for more winter traction. Overall it amazing uhhhh mazing. I hate my Camry

best investment ever
By Ryan Carroll on 02/08/10 16:50 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my '94 corolla when my last car was totaled by a drunk driver. I purchased w/about 150k miles, and now have 190k, still running strong. I used Penzoil High Mileage up until 3 months ago, switched to valvoline Synthetic Blend...still awesome car. I still average 33-35 mpg, and thats better than my wife's '06 cobalt. Low maintenance, high reliability.

Corolla is a gem
By bernadette63 on 11/12/09 10:35 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car as local commute vehicle in 1994. It has been an excellent vehicle. Never needed anything other than regular maintenance. Hope Toyota continues to maintain high standards for their vehicles.

Love this car more the older it gets!
By Sully862 on 07/21/09 16:11 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Toyota Corolla DX brand new and have loved it since 1994. It keeps getting older, gets more miles on it, and just keeps humming along. It rides smoother than new Camrys, is peppy in the first and second gears and needs nothing but scheduled maintenance. Over the years the car has come to fit me like a glove and I don't want to replace it. I have 175,000 on this one and expect to take it well over 200,000. Like another reviewer I haven't had a car payment in ten years. I love what Toyota does for me!

I'm loving my rolla
By Todd on 12/02/08 10:42 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 139,000 miles on it. About 4 months later, I'm up to 145,000. This was just going to be a "drive to work" car to save gas. Now, it's a drive all the time car. It's so easy to maneuver around town, I can't stand to drive my Taurus anymore. Gas mileage is generally around 32/33 mixed use. Have not had any mechanical issues AT ALL. Standard low beam lights were a little too low for me but the bright lights were the brightest I'd seen on a car. Rear defrost is nice and this car heats up very quickly. Even with the fan off, it will roast you at full temperature. Car has plenty of power at full speed but pick-up leaves something to be desired.

Most Reliable Car Ever Made
By seandicks on 08/27/08 09:30 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Corolla BOCH in May 2008 because my Escort died on me. As far as I can see the Corolla was the best all around car ever made. I've put about 4000 miles on it and all I've had to do was put an O2 sensor on. I painted the drums and calipers, put a cold air intake on it, tinted the windows, nice system and alloy wheels. I've only owned 2 cars but this one blows the escort out of the water. It looks really modern for its time and has not failed me yet. There is 144000 miles on it now and I'm hoping to get upwards of 200,000. I know that it will surpass my expectations for it is known for its reliability. I'm getting a (1995) Maxima soon so we'll see how it compares.