Used 1994 Toyota Corolla DX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

1994 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

The mighty Corolla
By evrynite

1994 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Best car that I have ever owned.

Loved my Toyolla
By s

1994 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Bought it with 40k, now at 160k with only standard repairs needed- alternator, radiator. Alternator kept needed to be replaced after the first one, but that is apparently not that unusual for rebuilt ones. One of the rear door handles didn't work from the outside, had it fixed once but happened again. Overall: super reliable, not super fast but still fun to drive (5 speed manual), great mileage.

Favorite Features

Reliability, mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Not super comfy on long trips especially for passengers.

Best car I've ever owned
By Drew

1994 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

We bought our '94 Corolla back in '95 from a Toyota dealership which used it as a rental-loan car. It only had 10,000 miles on it, now it's clocking nearly 200,000. At the time, half of the Corollas were built in Japan, half in California. Ours is a Japanese built example. The fit and finish of this car surpasses many more expensive models. It still looks great, runs perfect and gets great mileage. It still has the original engine and transmission. I change the oil every 3,000 to 6,000 miles. I also have the transmission serviced regularly. This little gem doesn't use a drop of oil either. One day we're going to have to get rid of it but the way this thing runs it might be another 100,000 miles!

Favorite Features

Super reliable and inexpensive to maintain.

I love my 1994 Toyota - 270,000 and going
By cathy

1994 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1994 Toyota used in 2004. It had been in an accident and was fixed by someone who buys junk cars at auctions. It had over 12,000 miles at the time, since then I have changed the oil every 3 to 4 thousand miles, had to replace tires and breaks. I had a deer hit it and did some damage, my insurance said they wanted to total the car and give me $900.00. I said 'no way' I dropped the insurance and had the car fixed, even though it was hit by a deer again 2 weeks later, the hood bent a bit, I am now going on 270,000 miles and still running strong. My Toyota, even though it is wounded is worth much more than $900.00 to me - it will run forever! I know it! I love it.

Favorite Features

The car style and size

Suggested Improvements

NONE.

uhmazing
By reese

1994 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I love this car. It has loads of power for a 1.8 liter 4 cyl engine. Nice size. Can park anywhere easily. All my components work, ac heater Windows everything. Little rust at bottom my car has 701,456 miles. I also bought it new and I bought same size 14 inch rims for more winter traction. Overall it amazing uhhhh mazing. I hate my Camry

Favorite Features

everything built so strong better than my 09 camry (i cant trust my camry)

Suggested Improvements

tail light when braking but that's it watch America this is a car