1994 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
excellent car
By joe397 on 07/16/12 10:42 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

very reliable. has 63000 miles on it and i have driven almost all of it. done long drives of 250 miles a day on it and never given any problems.

a true keeper
By praiznhym4ever on 12/09/11 19:38 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 94 corolla DX back in 07, my aunt was going to buy a brand new camery and the dealership was only going to give her $1,400 on trade for her corolla. me at the time was driving a 99 kia sportage wich when i bought it i really thought it was a very nice looking suv. but thats all that was good about my sportage. it was a money pit! so I bought this corroalla from my aunt wich she had bought this car brand new. it only had like 104,000 miles on it and like 14 yrs old at the time. and @187,000 and no plans of trade in no leaks uses no oil how ever i did change the oil from reg. 10-30 to 10-30 synthetic blend. great car not afraid to take it anywhere.

94 corolla
By ryito11223344 on 01/11/11 21:51 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

thank you 1994 toyota corolla for saving my life! i bought in 2009 with 165.000 on her. had untill today 1-11-11 and those were some of the best moments of my life! fun to drive, great maneuvering, awsome on gas $20 lasted 2weeks easy with the 10 gallon tank. very reliable, would of drove her cross country if i could. but today is the end of it all when somone didnt yeild at the end of the offramp, and cutting off a four lane st rt, which basicly means i t boned her in the side. i seen her coming and hit the brakes (with this ohio snow you dont stop so good) and its over. but after 17 yrs, the factory airbags did thier trick and saved our lives. thank you toyota for all the great times

Loved my Toyolla
By s on 09/08/10 06:10 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Bought it with 40k, now at 160k with only standard repairs needed- alternator, radiator. Alternator kept needed to be replaced after the first one, but that is apparently not that unusual for rebuilt ones. One of the rear door handles didn't work from the outside, had it fixed once but happened again. Overall: super reliable, not super fast but still fun to drive (5 speed manual), great mileage.

Best car I've ever owned
By Drew on 08/25/10 16:59 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

We bought our '94 Corolla back in '95 from a Toyota dealership which used it as a rental-loan car. It only had 10,000 miles on it, now it's clocking nearly 200,000. At the time, half of the Corollas were built in Japan, half in California. Ours is a Japanese built example. The fit and finish of this car surpasses many more expensive models. It still looks great, runs perfect and gets great mileage. It still has the original engine and transmission. I change the oil every 3,000 to 6,000 miles. I also have the transmission serviced regularly. This little gem doesn't use a drop of oil either. One day we're going to have to get rid of it but the way this thing runs it might be another 100,000 miles!

I love my 1994 Toyota - 270,000 and going
By cathy on 08/03/10 17:09 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1994 Toyota used in 2004. It had been in an accident and was fixed by someone who buys junk cars at auctions. It had over 12,000 miles at the time, since then I have changed the oil every 3 to 4 thousand miles, had to replace tires and breaks. I had a deer hit it and did some damage, my insurance said they wanted to total the car and give me $900.00. I said 'no way' I dropped the insurance and had the car fixed, even though it was hit by a deer again 2 weeks later, the hood bent a bit, I am now going on 270,000 miles and still running strong. My Toyota, even though it is wounded is worth much more than $900.00 to me - it will run forever! I know it! I love it.

uhmazing
By reese on 07/27/10 11:32 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I love this car. It has loads of power for a 1.8 liter 4 cyl engine. Nice size. Can park anywhere easily. All my components work, ac heater Windows everything. Little rust at bottom my car has 701,456 miles. I also bought it new and I bought same size 14 inch rims for more winter traction. Overall it amazing uhhhh mazing. I hate my Camry

Slow acceleration
By Rick on 07/20/10 16:12 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

My 1994 Corolla is really a '94 Geo Prizm (same as). I have over 220,000 terrific miles. Currently, however, I have experienced slow acceleration under 50 MPH and it hates air conditioning at those speeds. Twice the car has stalled after sitting out over night in heavy rain. A whiff of carb. spray does the trick. I have a very highly skilled Toyota mechanic and he has looked at everything and cannot find anything wrong. The car runs like a demon on the Interstate at 70 MPH and does not use a drop of oil. After sixteen years it still starts without touching the gas pedal. Still a great car but this issue is a major annoyance.

Best car
By cari on 03/27/10 11:07 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought the Toyota Corolla in Vancouver 1994 and when I moved to Ontario, it was transported across. It has been the best car ever with no problems. Serviced once a year and running like a new car. Highly recommendable.

best investment ever
By Ryan Carroll on 02/08/10 16:50 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my '94 corolla when my last car was totaled by a drunk driver. I purchased w/about 150k miles, and now have 190k, still running strong. I used Penzoil High Mileage up until 3 months ago, switched to valvoline Synthetic Blend...still awesome car. I still average 33-35 mpg, and thats better than my wife's '06 cobalt. Low maintenance, high reliability.