2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Great car, great price, best fuel economy
By Joe on 02/04/06 22:46 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car to commute in and it has been a dream. I moved from a Lexus to the Solara so that I could have a cheap commuter vehicle. No compomises in build quality and getting 10 more mpg. I also like the fact that my Sirius radio fits in the space inside the dash. Rear of the car looks like a SC 430. Sweeet.

V6 Sport Owner in LA
By V6 Spt. in LA on 02/03/06 15:57 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent acceleration off the line... Sequential transmission is extremely responsive. This car is very similar to its cousin (IS 300) by Lexus.

toy car
By Jan on 01/25/06 13:22 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have several smaller quality issues with this car. Door not sealing correctly/wind noise/radio-control knobs sticking/carpeting not secured in place/truck not staying closed/consol compartment not staying closed/etc. With the reputation of Toyota, I am disappointed.

Awesome Car!! A+ Vehicle!
By Ashy on 01/23/06 19:13 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Solara has simply exceeded my expectations. It's sporty yet luxurious at the same time with tons of backseat room for my passengers! I get compliments on this vehicle every single day. It's no wonder that Toyota is the #1 selling vehicle in America. Performance and ride quality can't be beat! A highly recommended vehicle.

Cool Tool
By Marytime on 12/27/05 15:27 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Acceleration is a disappointment because of the delay between mash and go. At 5'7" it is a first time life experience that I'm too tall with a hat. Cruise control manipulation is not intuitive. I'm really nervous about visibility...I hope I don't crunch someone/something before I learn my clearance limitations.

2006 Toyota Solara
By Scoobline on 12/21/05 11:20 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

A fun car to drive, and the car handles and responds very well; so far the car handles and responds very well in the snow. The car has power when you need it, and the fuel economy is better than expected: ~24 City (Winter ~19, car needs to warm up) and ~34 Highway. The car is very quiet, and the ride is great, although the suspension is a bit stiffer then I'm use too (I'm use to driving a sedan).

Not as nice as you'd expect
By TonyV on 11/30/05 12:09 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

You'd expect more from Toyota. After a month check engine light came on and the dealer determined that cylinder 3 misfires (it had erratic idling and would not accelerate properly). All they did was reset the computer. 2 weeks after they did it, check engine light came on again. Feels like the same problem. The car has 1400 miles on it. Also the door does not always close right away. This is due to the fact that there is no frame around the glass. Also even when it does close, there is excessive noise from the wind when driving at 50 mph. You have to pull the window down and then close it again for the wind to go away. Taking it to the dealer again tomorrow...

Just not enough....
By Deborah on 11/27/05 18:47 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It's a pretty car, I'll give it that. But that's not enough to make this a car to love. The 4-cyl engine doesn't have enough power, I worry about getting enough acceleration to merge on to the highways. The car just feels a bit "clunky" to me. Oh, and don't crack the windows if it's just stopped raining, you'll get drenched; the water pours in....

As expected and more---
By marco770 on 11/21/05 00:27 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Have driven over 60,000 miles in less than 2 years. Vehicle is fun, lean on fuel, untimely style, quick, efficient, and safe. Am completely pleased. Large trunk, good sound system, excellent air flow, and comfortable for the driver. Had to replace windshield due to road hazard (expected with hi mileage). As long as you keep serviced, this vehicle won't let you down.

Wish I'd never bought a Solara
By D Beck on 10/03/05 16:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The five speed automatic tranmission doesn't shift properly when speeding up after slowing down or coming out of a turn. Dealership tells me it's operating as designed. Will never get another Toyota.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.