Used 2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Camry-solara - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Best car I have ever owned
By dave shaner

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best car I have ever owned. It is fun to drive, good on gas and I feel the body style is a work of art. Every time I wash it I like it more and more. Just to note I have the 2006 light blue SE COUPE with black soft leather and JBL stereo. It is just a great car all around.

Favorite Features

the style and the ride are what I like about the car

Suggested Improvements

nothing that I can think of.

Excellent
By my style

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love my car excellent driving. Runs very smooth. excellent on turns. Very roomy. I havent seen the gas mileage yet. The longest distance drove was 300 miles one way. Which was ok the most I have gotten in was 24.9 on the highway, but in surface street 22.9 and 23.9 sometimes 24.0

Favorite Features

Is the style of my car.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the sunroof would slide up more. If the windows could move on acc. the lights on auto can stay off acc. It need more sporty rims and better stereo system.

Great Ride
By Happy w/Toyota

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Toyota and I had very high expectations from reviews I had read about the Toyota brand. I looked at many other cars before I bought the Solara, but decided on the Solara because of its quality and driving experience. I've had the car for about a year now and I am extremely happy with the decision to buy it. Overall fit and finish is excellent and the car is very quite. Wind and road noise is very low. You really can't hear the engine when the car is in park either. The back seats are quite large and can comfortably seat two adults. I chose the 4 cyl engine for better gas mileage and I am averaging about 29-30 mpg in mixed highway and city driving (that's with air/heat).

Favorite Features

Love the styling both in and out. Gas mileage has been great. Feels solid and well built compared to a lot of the American brands (sad to say). Based on this experiance hard to imagine owning anything but a Toyota. If your looking for a new car it would be worth while to test drive a Solara.

Suggested Improvements

No car is perfect but I really can't think of anything I would change.

Thoroughly Impressed
By Adavis

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I wasn't even looking for a Toyota because I alreadly had an '06 Camry Sedan, but when I saw the Solara on the lot and then got inside I was floored. Everything else I was looking at was running at or above 30k. This car is incredible and it was under 25k. I love it. Buttery soft leather, sunroof, 6 disc CD changer in the dash, top quality stereo system, velvety smooth ride (its like it talks to the road),and a huge trunk! I should have known I'd eventually end up with a Toyota. This is my 3rd in 6 years. Can beat the quality for the money!

Favorite Features

Seat Comfort

Suggested Improvements

Could use just a little more zoom. Oops I mean rev, verve... ok alright just give it some more horsepower and it will be the perfect ride!

STYLISH, ECONOMICAL & FUN TO DRIVE
By Paulette Blackman

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After stating repeatedly that I would never buy a 4-cylinder, two-door car, I fell in love with the Toyota Camry Solara. Having a limited amount to spend and wanting something more econimical than my last car (a 2001 Nissan Maxima SE), I searched the internet, spoke to people and decided to test-drive the Solara (both the 4 & 6 cylinder models). Both my husband and I were more than satisfied with the pick-up and ride the 4-cylinder provided and purchased the car that same day. Although it's difficult for an adult to climb into the back seat, the few occasions I have more than one passenger in the car doesn't warrant another two doors.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the styling, the great handling, the perfectly appointed dashboard with everything within easy reach, the fuel economy, the great pick-up and the generous trunk size.

Suggested Improvements

I would suggest the following improvements: rear seat side windows that go up and down, compass in rear- view mirror, automatic trip-gauge on the instrument panel, built-in beeper to alert driver that a person or object is behind the car, built-in automatic garage-door opener.