What an Improvement!
By Milwray on
2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)
Had a 2001 Solara Convertible that had so many problems with the roof (air/water leaks, creaks, severe shake, etc), that it was in the dealership more than I care to say. Even though Toyota said my complaints were "normal", I believed the car was doomed to be a problem. I had just filed the first step in the lemon law process, when the dealer called me to look at the new 2004 model. After much hesitation on my part, I decided to give Toyota another chance. They gave me a full day's test drive before I purchased the car. AM I GLAD I DID! EVERYTHING I COMPLAINED ABOUT THE 2001 MODEL WAS ADDRESSED WITH THIS CAR. IT IS TRULY SUPERB!
Favorite Features
The ride is supple, engine very quiet, feels like you are riding in a cloud. The fit and finish is so much better than earlier models. The roof and cowl shake has been improved dramatically. I picked the blue with tan roof/ivory interior - a real head turner.
Suggested Improvements
Automatic Boot - the one supplied is nicer than earlier models, but just as difficult to put on. Stronger seatbelt snaps. Engine hesitation when first stepping on gas. Rear visibility needs improvedment with ability to lower/minimize rear headrests.