Used 2004 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Camry-solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Blind spots
By solara

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The cars rides like a jewel. The worst thing is the roll bar in the rear, one cannot see what is in back of them, and also the rear window is small. The interior design is not very conducive to convenience of using the back seat area for putting packages on the floor temporarily. In fact you could eliminate the back seat area all together. No one can get back there to sit. I would not buy that model car again. I do love the Toyota engineering though, it is great over all.

Favorite Features

Rides and drives like the wind. The top is the easiest I have ever had to operate, of which I appreciate greatly since I have the use of my right hand only.

Suggested Improvements

Do something about the height of the roll bar on the back seat, or have some way to remove them. They really are a hindrance, and the side view mirrors do not make up for the smallness of the rear window.

Over All Pretty Satisfied
By D.W. ESQ.

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Driving mostly American made cars in the past, I would have to say I am more than happy to have made the switch to Toyota. Good fuel economy, great styling with the right package, plenty of passenger room, options, safety features, luggage space, and on and on. Toyota was not typically a car I would consider buying but when I first noticed the new design of this style Solara it had my attention right away. Being in my late twenties, I found this to be a "smart" purchase to combine safety, pleasure, and price. This vehicle "turns heads" of all ages. "Class" and "youthfulness" are both expressed through its design.

Favorite Features

Tire pressure monitoring system, extensive fuel monitoring system, great sound system (even though the 6 disc changer had to be replaced due to it locking up), luggage spacing which opens to interior, passenger room, gas mileage, price, overall styling.

Suggested Improvements

Windshield shifting noise (dealer verified nothing to worry about), can't turn the radio up without noticing some interior rattling, plasticy cupholder lid broke too easy. Fairly disappointed to see the only updates on the '07 are cheap int. and ext. touches.

Fun To Drive!
By FabGirl

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my navigation. I will NEVER EVER get another car without it. Im NOT a fan of the two doors. It's too hard to get in and out of the back seat. It's a smooth ride but the seal on the windows needs to be better. I had to take it in twice because of whistleing. The leather seats are already cracking as well. I also hate the tires. I had 2 sets put on already because they wear so quickly and at 150/tire, that's crazy. Other then that this is a nice car!

Favorite Features

Navigation, nice wood interior, rides smoothly, love the heated seats!

Suggested Improvements

Change the tires, improve the seals on the windows, Make a 4 door model

Still Love It!
By Linda D.

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Solara for 2 years and I still love it. I am impressed with the look, comfort, and speed of the car. It has great pick-up and the sequential shift is helpful on the freeway. For someone who wants a car that will handle any condition, this is it. Everyone thinks this is a great looking car, and the "absolute red" surely helps give it even more of a sports-car look.

Favorite Features

The V6 engine is fast and reliable, but also very good on gas. I also love the sound system. It provide a very good quality sound.

Suggested Improvements

I am disappointed with the size of the opening between the trunk and back seat. The fold-down seats are convenient but they do not lay flat enough to allow you to push longer or wider items through to the back seat. This needs a better design.

Trunk Noise
By Dsevig

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been reliable so far and I wouldn't hesitate to go cross country anytime. Gas mileage stays on 30 mostly city driving. The passenger window came loose from the guide bracket and I had a trunk noise looked at at each 5K mile service. Finally after talking to the service manager personally the problem was found. The noise sounded like someone beating on an empty 50 gallon drum in the trunk when running over rough surfaces or stones. I think Toyota has a fix for this of replacing the rear shocks. The problem ended up being two rods forming an X inside the trunk and just under the rear window a piece of foam between the two rods fixed the problem. Rear seat long trips are a nightmare

Favorite Features

Exterior body style and interior dash simplicity. I still have knobs on my 2000 Blazer that I don't know what they do.

Suggested Improvements

Low tire pressure was a pain when new but it does work to let you know when you go from 32PSI to 29 PSI. Maybe to sensitive.