2004 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Only OK -- Wouldn't Buy it Again
By Travelpro0104 on 11/15/04 14:29 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After the leaky roof was fixed two times and I still have to fix the hesitation with excelleration, it's an okay car. The 'tires for life' deal is a scam since it requires oil changes every 3,500 miles or the warranty is voided. The car looks great, but I want more than "a looker" to keep me happy.

Great design inside and out
By Josephus on 10/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my new 2004 Solara one week ago, and so far I love it. The car has has excellent design inside an out. I just traded a Mercedes Benz ML430 SUV, and I can appreciate the improvement in gas mileage. This car is flawless. The engine is very responsive and powerful, and the transmission shifts gears smoothly and quietly. The interior is comfortable, and the SLE with navigation system has the same features I had in the Mercedes. Definitely a fun car to drive with plenty of good looks. The car could use better visibility through the rear window and power seats that allow easy entry for rear passengers.

solara 2004
By hope on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Excellent Car...i get so many compliments!

WORST CAR EVER
By barkins on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Our family has been buying Toyota for the past 20 years. From Corollas to Camrys and we couldnt imagine getting any other car when it came to buying a new car for me. It was the worst mistake of my life. From day 2 the car started to make a loud engine noise, the alignment was always off, the tire pressure light keeps going on and the seats move around during turns and sudden breaking. The dealership did nothing to fix any of my problems and nor did any other in my area. They all said the same thing; "IT'S SUPPOSE TO DO THAT" I guess Toyotas are suppose to suck. I finally got rid of it and am now driving a Honda Accord with ZERO problems. Good buy Toyota forever.

my car I love it!!!
By suzanne p on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. long trip, very comfortable, wish it had onstar on board but you cant have everything. Only things I have found negative with this car 1. you have a blind spot I have learned to figure it out but a little scarey at first. 2 this is minor but there is a cover for the front seat belt, floor behind the seat.I have had it replaced and again it has fell off and my back seat is not being used. If you push the front seat back it flys off.

Solara review
By gshep33 on 09/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Solara is fun to drive and gets great gas mileage. The only down side to the car is the back side windows. They are very small, making them hard to see out of.

LOVE IT!!
By candycorcoran on 09/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, this is a wonderful vehicle. Took it on a 2000 mile road trip 2 weeks after we bought it and it performed beautifully. Lots of power, convertible works very fast, very comfortable drive. Has lots of features for the price. Also, has lots of head room for the taller driver. Was going to buy a T-bird for $10M more, but very happy we went with the Solara. The GPS system is awesome. Also, you don't see a "million" of these cars on the road. Read in previous reviews about some wind noise and "shaking" of the car. Haven't had any of those issues. It's a little bumpy on rough roads but it's very livable.

Lexus at Half-Price!
By MikeinIL on 09/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The exterior isn't similar to a lExus ... it is the same body, except for the badging.

What an Improvement!
By Milwray on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Had a 2001 Solara Convertible that had so many problems with the roof (air/water leaks, creaks, severe shake, etc), that it was in the dealership more than I care to say. Even though Toyota said my complaints were "normal", I believed the car was doomed to be a problem. I had just filed the first step in the lemon law process, when the dealer called me to look at the new 2004 model. After much hesitation on my part, I decided to give Toyota another chance. They gave me a full day's test drive before I purchased the car. AM I GLAD I DID! EVERYTHING I COMPLAINED ABOUT THE 2001 MODEL WAS ADDRESSED WITH THIS CAR. IT IS TRULY SUPERB!

Design Flaws in my Toyota Convertible
By Nancy Yanes Hoffman on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

1.NO TAPE DECK! Tape deck removed and replaced with useless map guide. 2. Passenger front seat is not electric. 3. Neither trunk nor passenger door can be opened with a KEY. Can only be opened from INSIDE the car. 4. Huge pillowed blocks bar rear-view visibility. Even with cushions removed, rear bar hinders visibility. 5. Only one electronic key given at purchase. 6. Coffee holders not firm and secure. Coffee always spills over. 7. Clock not brightly back-lit and poorly placed. You can't read the time from the driver's seat. 8. Virtually no room between front and back seats, which make the back seat useless. 9. CD only plays one CD at a time.