So Far So Good
By Jeffry on
1999 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe
I spent over a year trying to replace a 1987 Audi 5000 Quattro for a reaonable cost and this is what I came up with. Most any other car I could afford had low frequency road noise rumbles which I can't stand. I'm 40-something but single and work in entertainment, so style is important. The Solara is a not- a-family car with enough room for 3 hotties in the back seat and a good sound system. To be called a "fly ride" by 20-something starlets and still attractive to middle age executive types of both sexes is a neat hat trick. Looks like a Lexus at a fraction of the price. 140 mph speedometers on cars that will never go that fast are truly stupid.
Favorite Features
Very Quiet, very good sound system. Reputation of perfect Camry reliablilty but handles much better. 30+ mpg highway (4 cyl auto) is appreciated as is the overdrive lockout mode for better performance when needed. Good visibility for a 2 door coupe. Good night lighting inside and out.
Suggested Improvements
Throttle position is somehow odd - steering wheel doesn't telescope which would help. Steering is too twitchy at high speed, but the turning circle is HUGE. Locking system logic defies logic and doesn't unlock the trunk.