My trusty 4Runner
By janakins42 on
1995 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4dr SUV
My Tacoma saved my life during a collision that totalled her. I was so depressed. I knew the only thing I could do was get another Toyota. When I got my 4Runner she was a real lemon. She had an overheating issue that I didn't discover until I took a small road trip. After I replaced the radiator and thermostat and maintainenced fluids and whatnot...she was the most dependable car I could ever ask for. The funny thing is...they made 2WD 4Runners! And I bought one! Didn't know until servicing her at Jiffy Lube. They were baffled too. She has 168k miles and still runs strong. The gas mileage sucks tho. I have to sell my baby because of it. I will be sad to see her go.
Favorite Features
Confortable drive. Handles well. Heater heats up quickly :) Lots of room. Tows wonderfully. Wonderful for in town driving.
Suggested Improvements
Make sure you call up the dealer and run your vin to see if your car was serviced for the recalled head gasket. If not, get it replaced! Other than that, after 2 years of ownership, I haven't had any other problems besides the radiator.
By tlak
on 09/19/14 05:48 AM (PDT)

I knew a lot of SUV brands made two wheel drive versions, but seems like Toyota should have been required to call them 2Runners. I have a 95 4Runner w/ a blown head gasket, did you have yours done free by Toyota or just checked? As far as I knew 95a weren't recalled.