Used 2005 Subaru Forester X Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:

Fun Crossover SUV
By BTR

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Forester is an awesome crossover SUV. While slightly more expensive than some of its competitors, considering what is included makes it a superior value. This is a truly FUN car / SUV to drive; its peppy engine (largest standard engine in its class) and excellent handling (aided by AWD technology) make it a winner! Lots of room inside, and plenty of storage nooks. A great all-around vehicle - enjoy!

Peppy engine, control panel layout and easy access controls. I also like the headlamp feature (auto turn off).

The rear cup holder. The extended armrest should be a standard feature.

Going Up
By QuickTM

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have a cabin in the mountains, and I need AWD for the winter. I recently went up for the weekend only to see Cars coming down the mountian with their flashers on (because of snow) however my little subie handled perfectly with out a slip. I thought I would be getting better gas mileage than I am, only getting about 26-28 on the highway (must be my lead foot). There is nothing bad about the car that relatively cheap aftermarket gear can't fix --talking about shifter knobs and tint not expensive body kits.

The best AWD on the road, perfection. 2.5 litre 4-cyl! Large four for good power, but low fuel usage. Drive of a car, looks of a SUV or CUV. Hill Holder is nice, esp. off the beaten path.

Twitchy Speedo, Stereo sounds like it is underwater (think aftermarket), Needs new shifter knob. Factory Tint.

Best suv for suv haters
By New to Subaru

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The forester has been a great car so far. We have had it for about 2 weeks and it is getting about 29MPG on mixed driving. We needed more room for camping, bikes, dog, and eventually children and had a hard time buying a suv. The only thing that won us over is that it is as close to a car as you can get end gets better milage than most cars do. The car feels solid even when comparing it to the prelude we traded in for it. Still in the break in perid so we haven't run it hard yet. We would recomend the car to anyone.

Good pick-up. Solid suspension.

None.

Fuel saver safe fun
By GJM

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Just purchased 2 weeks ago and already have over 2000 miles on it.I'm getting 30 plus on the highway and I'm looking forward to the snow.Handles well.I never drove a stick before but picked it up quickly on this model.

Outside temp gauge will be extremly useful when it's raining and about freezing.

I've got 4 kids and a wife.How about a 6,7 or 8 seater?

Great Car
By ForesterAccord

2005 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Only have 3000 miles on it but it is perfect! Over 30 mpg in city; great shift. Very comfortable. Dealer was great.

Shift, uphill rollback lock, AWD, roomy, nice pick up, VERY SAFE which was the feature that made me first look at it.

Cheap back seat cup holder but who really cares about that?