2004 Subaru Forester Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forester model:
Good stable quality car
By A Boston Driver on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Well, the vehicle is great it feels very stable when you drive, it responds quickly, the brakes respond well, the manueverability is very good. In terms of snowy weather, you have to try to spin out or fishtail, it will spin out and/or fishtail but you really have to push it. My mother drives a Mercedes ML500 2004 and when she stepped in my car she loved the feeling of it and she felt safe in the car. I have the lowest model, but i believe the highest model is quite a car, leather interior and the dealership said the top of the line Forrester beats the Impreza WRX in the quarter mile or was it the STI (for some reason i doubt the claim).

My Review
By Lou13 on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a lot of fun to drive. It's a lot quicker than I thought it would be and it handles snow and ice very well. I'm starting to see a lot more of them around, so word is getting out about what a great car this is.

Safety First!
By paramedic on 02/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

As a paramedic buying a new car for my wife, safety was the #1 concern. I have seen it after an accident and the car / passenger held up quite well (even after rolling over 5-6 times off a freeway overpass at freeway speed!). With many included saftey features this car will protect you if you are involved in an accident and will also provide you with the means, through great handling, to avoid an accident. Of course it is beautiful, built like a tank, fun to drive, and it is not a dime a dozen car. This car has the safety of a Volvo with the reliability of a Honda, all for 20K. You can't go wrong.

Happy at 5000 miles
By Bill Fitz on 02/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Researched competing models and found Forester to be best value for the money. Bought it as a second car and now it is our favorite. Great for highway and around town. Pulls our boats with no problem. With a luggage box on top carried all our gear, two adults, two kids and a dog across four states and back. Subaru reliability was a big decision factor, being fun to drive cinched the deal.

Glad I bought a Forester.
By hocdoc on 02/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Only driven it for 6 weeks. Went skiing after week 2 and performed excellent in the mountains! Wish the rear leg room was bigger. Need to tint windows.Looks and drives great.

My Forester Analysis
By mmanton on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent car! Only thing I don't like are picky things - the cup holders are too far back between the two front seats & the cruise control on switch is not on the steering column where I wish it was located.

first subaru ihave ever bought
By new subaru owner on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The subaru X is a nice basic car. Feels solid, priced nicely. great low end torque.

Forester Base Model
By ang on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I only put 1,000 miles on the car so far but I am satisfied with my purchase. For a long time I debated between the Forester, the Xterra, and the Element. I found the Forester to be the best for my buck. It is not a gas guzzler like the Xterra and it is not an experimental automobile like the Element. The ride is smooth and the ergonomics are well done if you are a person of average height and weight. If you are a larger creature you might want to look for a different automobile all together.

A Great Car for a Small Family
By kcdeven on 09/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Forester Wagon X AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We bought a white, 5-speed 2004 "X" model in August. So far, it has been a great car. We took it on a 400 mi road trip over Labor Day weekend, and it was great - comfortable, fun to drive, plenty of room for our family of 3 and all our gear. We're very, very happy with our purchase. The X came with every option we would ever need or use. The only problem so far is getting the hill-holder clutch to disengage when backing out of my driveway (which is on a hill). Otherwise, it's been smooth-driving!