Used 2003 Subaru Baja Sport Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Subaru Baja - Consumer Reviews

2003 Subaru Baja

View reviews for a specific Baja model:

Great vehicle to own
By Mary Colletti

2003 Subaru Baja Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

For the most part I have had a lot of fun with this vehicle. People stop me and ask if its a car or a truck. It has had a few problems lately but for the most part it has been a reliable vehicle and I would buy a Subaru definitely again. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Body style is my favorite feature. It looks like a car with all the great features of a truck.

Since it has all wheel drive I would raise the body so it is not so low to the ground. Great for snow.

What a great surprise!
By 2 Bees

2003 Subaru Baja Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My husband brought his Subaru down to the states from Canada 10 years ago.In South Florida it was an "oddball" to say the least. When we moved to Las Vegas it was in much better company but getting old. While in the dealership for service we watched the Baja's get unloaded, once I saw the yellow one I was hooked! Between the quality and finish I love this car. (No, it's not a truck!) What a blast dashing through the Las Vegas wash in this vehicle, great for off road adventures! I now participate in art festivals and only a minivan will out do this baby. We had a kayak carrier built we love everything about our Baja!

Believe it or not, the look. It's very versatile as well as comfortable for long drives.

The ONLY thing about the interior is the front seat cup holder is in the wrong place, especially if you have the standard.

Love My Baja!!
By yellowblaze

2003 Subaru Baja Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

When we wanted to trade our gas sucking Bronco, this was the only option. Car like performance, truck like utility and unique looks combined into one. We've gotten up to 31 mpg highway and average 23-24 mixed city/suburban driving. We're looking for a new "car" now, but our only option is an 06 Baja (since sadly, Subaru discontinued these in 06). We love the Subaru AWD and reliability but won't settle for a station wagon or minivan which is all they really offer now. This was the BEST of all automotive worlds!

Mileage, midgate, sport activity lights, unique looks, AWD, reliability - pretty much the whole vehicle!

Build them again, based on the new outback, and offer the all weather package in the US not just Canada.

Love the Baja
By Glenn n' Tom

2003 Subaru Baja Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We fell in love with the car/truck the 1st time we saw it @ the Philly flower show 2001.The yellow paint sticks out every where we go, yellow was our 1st choice. We love its styling, it's comfortable, it's certainly not a car you see very often...like the RAV4. The vehicle is on the louder side with the frameless windows and AWD tires. Versatility...great for Home Depot during the day and dinning @ night. We seem to do about 28 hwy/24 city non turbo. Rearward visibility could be better; the c pillars generate a huge blind spot, as well as the rear headrests are non-movable.

Switchback system great for lumber, skis and in laws. Higher than normal road clearance. Yellow. Better than average gas mileage. Efficient heating and AC. Comfortable seating. Keyless entry. Power sunroof.

Do something with the headrests, and a bit more power.

I love my Baja
By mcharmon

2003 Subaru Baja Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Baja. I plan to drive it until the wheels fall off, but from what I hear, that will never happen. My Baja gets good gas mileage, it's sharp looking and it's really fun to drive. Mine is a 5-speed manual, and it will really get up and go. In the mountains, I lock in the cruise at the speed limit and pass everybody else on the road because they can't make it up the mountain, and I go right up as if it were level ground. This is the best vehicle I've ever owned.

It's sharp looking and fun to drive.

Advertise! You never see a Baja on the Subaru commercials, and very seldom see them on billboards or other advertisements. People don't know what they are! People have literally stopped me going down the street to ask what it is.