2008 Scion xB Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:
Outdoors man
By outdor guy on 10/19/08 10:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

A very fine car. I pull a small boat and still get 29 mpg on the highway. A fun to drive car. Room for all my gear and then some. A very good car for the times. The mpg I get on this car is 39 highway 34 all around. Fog lights are a must have item. The sound system is very good and the air is great.

Heck of a toaster oven
By Clark on 10/02/08 12:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is our 3rd car, intended for hauling dogs, skis, and toys. Great value for $16K. Interior no frills but very functional: perfect for intended use. Good sound, fairly quiet ride, seats okay. Very roomy: huge plus. Performance and handling more than ok, considering that I don't drive it in a spirited way; just want to haul toys and dogs in comfort. It is, after all, an econo-box. I've got my Porsche Cayman S if I feel like driving spirited. Gas mileage has been great, probably cause I don't push it. Ave 30-32 mpg combined hwy-city; 33 hwy const. 67 mph. Don't get how some report 22 mpg; they must think they are driving sports car but can't afford a real one. xB not a sports car.

10k mile update
By Pierce on 09/19/08 16:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I reviewed this car back in 11/30/07 a couple weeks after I bought it. Now I have a little over 10k miles on it and I just finished a long road trip (600 miles each way). In mixed driving I'm getting 27.5 mpg. On the long trip I averaged 30 mpg and wasn't tiptoeing.

Can't Be Beat!
By Daren on 09/15/08 14:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The second I saw the redesigned xB I knew it was only time before one was mine. Being right out of college it is a fantastic car everyday and has taken everything I have thrown at it. I just loaded a mountain bike in the back without taking off the wheels and it fit! Gas mileage has been fantastic, went from Cleveland to Chicago and back and got 32.5 mpg round trip! All city driving hasn't went below 24mpg. I am young and like to go fast so I dont pamper the gas pedal! I smile every time I look at this car and have been noticing a lot more on the roads as more people are catching on to how practical this car is!

Good Idea But POOR Quality and Resale
By beetleboy on 09/13/08 19:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My mother in law bought a 2006 and then traded for a 2008. I just had to have one with the wheels and spoiler package. 30,000 in first year, small accident and seat warped. Then pulled too close to curb and pulled inner fender out. Tried to trade on anther toyota product and found it was worth 6500 less than what I had paid for it. Wanted a Yaris for fuel economy but bought a loaded KIA M/van for 50 less a month than a base yaris. Also trim on roof blew off going down interstate and hit another car. POOR WORKMANSHIP ON SCION. You can tell it is the LOW end of Toyota. Back seat bottom is cheesy and uncomfortable. Gas mileage dropped to 22 on interstate driving depending on type of gas.

A Shoebox on a Toyota Camry
By SHOOBOX on 08/28/08 23:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

With the 2.4L engine from the Toyota Camry makes the xB 2.0 a sporty little box that actually turns heads in a positive way. While I wish the automatic had the 5 speed transmission of the Camry, it shifts without a sudden jerk and scream of the revs from the down shift. I love the lounger configuration that allows you, as a passenger, to sit with your feet up from the back seat. Handles like a sports car. I couldn't imagine how it would handle with all of the TRD options: supercharger, racing springs, sway bars, etc. Interior has enough room for my son to sit comfortably behind me (6'3" driver, 6'4" in the back seat. Wish it came with roof rack option. Load cap. 850 lbs., that's four adult males.

I love my toaster oven!!
By Michael on 08/09/08 21:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my xb2 for about 6 months and I love it more and more each each day. I average between 30-34 mpg. Everybody that gets inside simply can't believe how much space is in there, 5 can fit quite comfortably. I call it my TARDIS. I live in the Rocky Mountains and so far its handled the snow very well. Just be careful, this puppy sits very low, only about 5'' of ground clearance which will be lessened when I put on the TRD lowering springs ;-) That's one of the best parts of the Scion brand; there are so, so many ways to customize your ride. So if you're looking for a fun hot hatch and you buy anything else, you chose wrong.

Outside the demographic
By oldman on 07/27/08 19:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Although I am outside the standard age demographic, they let me buy an Xb anyway. After years of driving a fairly large SUV, I was looking to go smaller and more fuel-efficient. I looked at a handful of other sedans/wagons and the Scion Xb was the only car in which I felt comfortable (I am fairly tall). In the others cars, I was either staring into the sun-visor or hunching over to see out of the front window. The Xb also has enough back seat and cargo room for traveling with my kids, a worry I had in giving up the SUV. On a recent trip, we fit four suitcases and three bags of golf clubs in the back. No more worries on space. I also got 31 MPG on that trip.

32 MPG CITY
By Rob on 07/25/08 08:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Looked at and drove all the contenders including Fit, Element, Matrix. But nothing really came close for the price. My last vehicle was the King Reliable Toyota Previa minivan. But I wanted something much more efficient but just as reliable. I do handy work and small remodeling projects for a living and needed some hauling ability. The Scion xB has been doing the duty for over 4 months now and getting 32 mpg in the process. The key to higher mpg numbers is in the 5 speed manual and coasting techniques. I'm always looking for something better but I don't think anyone has made it yet. For now the xB rules.

Functional and Fun
By ducksquat on 07/07/08 19:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car for my wife because she wanted something roomier on the inside and smaller on the outside. This was the perfect vehicle for her. She traded her Honda Accord for this vehicle. Built entirely in Japan, the quality is top notch and has yet to experience any problems. I can't believe that I can sit very comfortably in the backseat despite my 6'4" frame and the font seat is the same. Headroom is excellent. The four cylinder Camry engine has plenty of get up and go but I wish the average MPG were better. We do mostly city driving and average 24 mpg.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.