2004 Scion xA Consumer Review: I love this car!

2004 Scion xA - Consumer Review

I love this car!
By Michael I. on

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I am a student who needed a practical, reliable, and economical car to drive. I also wanted something that was fun to drive. Not many cars can encompass all these characteristics effectively. The Scion xA does a great job for being an economy car. It at has been very reliable so far with no major mechanical problems, and I get at least 30 MPG regularly, with the best so far being 35 MPG. It is also very fun to drive, especially witht the five speed. I am a beginner stick shift driver and this car is not only very easy to learn on but also very forgiving. It offers a ton of cargo space if you are willing to fold the rear seats down. It's a Toyota so you can't go wrong with that.

Five speed. Reliability. Practical. Gas mileage (funner than a hybrid). Fun to drive. Great for students. Easy to park. Easy to learn stick. Low sticker price. Comfortable for a subcompact car. Easy to perform DIY maintenance. Unique.

More aftermarket parts (the xB and tC tend to steal the aftermarket scene). Sixth gear for less engine strain on the highway. The turning radius is quite large, I am hesitant to make U- turns sometimes.