2010 Scion tC 2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - When you want "city power"...

2010 Scion tC Hatchback - Consumer Review

2010 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

When you want "city power"...
By Katy on

2010 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Scions are a fun, inexpensive, reliable breed of cars. My tC is 7 months old now and has been on several road trips already with two big ones planned in the future. This car is built for what I call "city power", meaning that I don't race it or expect to do lots of long haul driving or commutes. I'm a city girl who like the feel and look of this sleek vehicle. It's like a grown-up's sports car without the look of grandpa's midlife crisis. You can get this car standard without any special features and still drive off feeling like you bought a fun, high-end car (for under 20K).

Favorite Features

The sunroof definitely tops the list. I also like the cost for the whole package. Its style and class outrank many of its flaws. It has a lot of power for its size and cost (it's a Camry's engine in a Corolla-sized vehicle). There is so much room inside, and a fairly decent trunk space too.

Suggested Improvements

I will agree that fuel efficiency is not great, but livable. It is a little noisy inside at higher speeds (which you can drown out with the awesome stereo). And like many coupes, getting people in and out of the backseat is challenging, but it is surprisingly roomy back there.