2007 Saab 9-3 Consumer Reviews 7

2007 Saab 9-3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:
Having Fun
By Jason on 07/03/07 12:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The car is great. Handles the road very well, love the turbo power. Very few blind spots. Not many of us on the road so you get a lot of looks.

Good Car
By SAAB on 07/02/07 06:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The Saab performs well and has a look that never dies. The only problem with it is that it had small problems like the radio blacking out and small things. They seem to be extremely forgiving with the car's good looks and performance.

Great car, especially for the price
By 2nd Saab on 06/28/07 10:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 Aero 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Looked at the A4, S60R and TL before buying the Aero. Traded an older A4 Avant (2000). Turbo is a little flat in top gear passing, but I believe that's somewhat common in 6sp with turbo motors. Lag off the line is there, but minimal, then picks up much quicker than the new A4 turbos (even the Saab 2.0T seemed to have better acceleration than the A4 2.0T, though the Audi is smoother). Excellent on the highway, fun on backroads (excellent powerband from around 1800rpm on), with an easier clutch than on the Audis (both old and new). The Aero's spoiler is VERY low to the ground. Seats are comfortable, but interior controls/surfaces feel very cheap.

What a bargain!
By John on 06/22/07 09:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded in my 9-2x for this and it is amazing. I really missed driving a European car. (I had a 2003 Passat wagon before this.) I don't know why everyone doesn't drive one! I got 35.6 mpg on my way home from the dealer (2 hour trip). I love the simplified controls for the radio, climate control, and the information display. Much easier to use than last year's. With the great warranties and free maintenance, you can't go wrong! I was also pleasantly surprised to learn you can use regular unleaded! Even with no options, this car is fantastic!

Fun to Drive, Yet Sophisticated
By bluehorseshoe313 on 06/07/07 05:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have a 2.0T 60th Anniversary with an auto trans. The auto has some turbo lag off the line, but the "passing gear" is great. Overall the car looks great and is fun to drive. At 6'4" I have just enough head room, but could use a little more. The Bose audio system sounds good, but the head unit controls are a little confusing to get used to.

Very fun to drive.
By hbueain on 05/24/07 05:34 AM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Got the car with red metallic paint, looks great on the road. Very fun to drive, its 4 cylinder feels faster then my V6 Mercedes. Back seat is a bit too stiff, not very comfortable. Very neat interior finish, and the new dash is very easy to use. All the controls including the radio are very easy to reach and easy to read as well. The wide-angle rear view mirror really helps. Overall a great car.

My New 9-3
By Matt on 05/17/07 17:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Head and shoulders above my prior 2000 9-3. Looked at Audi A4, Subaru Legacy, VW Passat and Acura TSX. Saab prevailed on driving dynamics and styling. Upgraded stereo is excellent. The car is a tremendous value.

What are you waiting for?
By Jerry on 05/14/07 10:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Just took delivery of a 2007 60th Anniversary edition 9-3 2.0T on a trade for my '03 9-3 Linear. Got the 4 cyl instead of the 6 cyl Aero because my driving needs don't warrant the bigger engine. The 4 cyl is plenty of power and pickup. Saab has this car totally dialed in now and it is amazing. Pricewise a terrific value, safe and refined. There is no reason this should not be the leading entry level luxury sedan on the market. Far more interesting and fun to drive than the Asian counterparts, and a far better buy than the other Europeans. Drive it, look at how it's built, and get one while they last.

Absolutely awesome
By NHsaabguy on 05/13/07 15:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I just bought this car about 4 days ago and I couldn't be more happy. I looked at a 328xi, the C280, and the A4. When I drove the 60th anniversary edition Saab 9-3, I was immediately impressed. Its curves and sporty styling cues gave it the edge in the styling department but what I enjoyed most was how it drove. I fell in love with the turbo power and torque that allows this car to launch, especially when you are already going 40+ mph.

They got it right
By UPSTATE-SC on 04/27/07 05:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Great driving vehicle, very attractive, with much better fuel mileage than stated by EPA. Going the speed limit on the freeways, I get 38 mpg on regular gas. The 6 speed manual is so smooth.