2006 Saab 9-3 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - A Sweet Swede

2006 Saab 9-3 - Consumer Review

2.0T SportCombi Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

A Sweet Swede
By Sold on Saab on

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T SportCombi 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought it new and it's still under warranty. Love the design and utility. I've driven it across country and back twice in great comfort and safety. Superb handling allowed me to avoid being rear-ended by another driver. Handled a blizzard in Chicago in February. Routinely get 33 mpg on freeways using cruise control. Great buy compared to BMW or Audi - thousands less. HID headlights are the best I've ever seen with. Real red walnut trim is classy. Only issue is self-locking doors; they sometimes engage/disengage/engage several times when starting; dealer can't seem to correct this. Will definitely consider another Saab when I'm ready for another new car.

Favorite Features

Seat comfort, active head restraints, manumatic transmission, exterior styling, cargo capacity, acceleration, handling and braking, rear fog light, remote auto open windows and sunroof (great on hot days - allows built-up heat to escape), excellent safety rating.

Suggested Improvements

Program to unlock all doors when engine is turned off, rather than just driver's door, ventilated seats (not just heated).