2008 Porsche Cayenne Consumer Review: Obnoxious Performance

2008 Porsche Cayenne - Consumer Review

Obnoxious Performance
By RCD on

2008 Porsche Cayenne Turbo 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

The "Oh my god I can't believe how fast and loud that gorgeous SUV is" look I get from drivers when I roar past them, is alone worth the $130K I spent on this vehicle. It may not be as pretty as the Range Rover or as practical as the X5, but it is definitely the most fun to drive. I only wish they made a bigger gas tank because I'm constantly having to fill it up (approx. 10 mpg). I've previously owned a CLK Benz and an Audi Allroad, and they don't even compare to the '08 Cayenne Turbo in acceleration and handling. Even though the price is ridiculous, you only live once, and it would be a shame if I died and didn't get to experience the thrill of driving this once-in-a- lifetime vehicle.

Engine sound, smell of leather interior, panoramic sunroof, obnoxious acceleration, Ferrari and 911 turbo type handling and power

Exterior styling is improved but still gets mixed reviews. Turbo should come with all the options. I shouldn't have to spend an extra $35K to get it fully loaded.