2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cayenne model:
A Rocket
By ken goldblum on 10/03/07 15:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV Turbo 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned Porsche 911s for over 25 years. The Cayenne turbo is by far the fastest car I have owned. It handles fantastically. The interior computer takes a little time to master but once accomplished it has all the information one would need. The handling is far superior to any previous SUV I have owned. I would recommend this car to anyone.

2008 model is so much better
By Andrew M on 09/13/07 14:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

People say only Porsche enthusiasts can tell difference between 08 and older Cayennes. Well I just switched from 04 Cayenne S which I loved to new 2008 model and I have to disagree. Front of new S has been redesigned to give slicker lines, more aggressive looking grilles and there is an unknown something but when my wife and kids saw it (in same color) they all said it looked much sportier. The extra power in the new S (extra 45hp) makes a big difference. If you want you can drive in sports mode (change gears at 6k) and acceleration and smoothness of change is noticable. New nav system is much better than the old. What can I say, I think new model is big upgrade on old and worth looking at.

Hard to believe it is a Porsche
By Early Man Fan on 08/11/07 18:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned this since March of 2007. It has been back to the dealer 3 times already and I still have issues with it. Initially there were very bad paint runs on both side of the license plate. These had to be wet sanded off. There is a puttering sound that comes from the rear passenger area. According to dealer and Porsche this is normal and will be found on all 2008 models. It is something to do with the fuel pump. Returned to dealer again when I discovered that the entire hood was covered with "splotches" under the clear coat. Again, wet sanding was done on a brand new car. Definitely should have purchased S model. Acceleration is poor and seems to shift gears sluggish,

Not what I thought it would be
By European Car Fan on 08/02/07 10:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Right off the bat the car had a puttering sound coming from the rear passenger side. Turns out that it is normal on the 2008 but not on previous models and is caused by the fuel pump. I had to have two areas of horrible paint runs wet sanded off of the back of the car. Also, had to have the entire roof wet sanded due to flaws left in the clear coat by the protective wrap. I get a great deal of road noise and in cabin noise caused by creaking back seats and various rattles. Excessive air noise coming in front passenger window as well. When you press against lower inside window it stops. Dealer says normal.

In LOVE
By prettylili03 on 07/15/07 13:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I waited 3 weeks for the delivery of this beauty and it was all well worth it! This SUV is simplicity and elegance at its best! I fell in love as soon as I saw it! It performs 10x better than the Subaru Tribeca I traded in. I love to hear the roar while on the road and it's incredibly comfortable both in the front and back! This is a definite keeper!

Porsche Cayenne!
By gte864f on 07/14/07 15:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

As a current owner, let me tell you what options you should pass on. Skip the Cargo system and any type of upgraded wheels. You will save a few dollars if the car comes with the Preferred Pkg or Preferred Pkg plus. It’s more if you select all the stuff that comes in these packages a stand-alone. In the USA, the Cayenne will be more than enough power, especially in sports mode. There is a slight delay in the acceleration when you press on the gas but once its in the optimum power band the acceleration is linear. If you don’t need a Nav and all the other options I would opt for the Cayenne S. The difference is very noticeable. Love the car and the Look. Wood Package is a must have!

Just Love It
By VT on 06/16/07 15:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Yes, it's a Porsche. It's not an SUV at all. Performance and fun definitely make a statement and can only come from Porsche.

Fast
By MtnRudy on 06/10/07 05:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Great speed, handles great. The new front end is a great improvement over '06, but the back could use revision. The only gripe I have is no Bluetooth and no MP3 dock, both features which are available on the X5. That being said, there is no comparison between the X5 and the S. This is one incredibly fast and well-built machine. The biggest surprise to me is how fuel efficient this is, with straight freeway driving at 22, and mixed city/freeway at 17 to 18 (my experience in the first 4000 miles.

AWESOME!!!
By crowdedcloset on 05/20/07 11:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Rides like a dream, waited 10 years to purchase one and well worth the wait. Love the triptronic and black leather interior. You will not be disappointed with the incredible space this vehicle offers.

Insanely Fast
By Lawrence on 05/16/07 02:24 AM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV Turbo 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

This is not an SUV. It's a sports car that merely looks like one. Acceleration and cornering performance are outstanding, and rival all but a handful of true sports cars. I wanted a 911 turbo, but live in the mountains and need a SUV. I don't feel I'm missing out on the driving experience at all. New front end is beautiful and aggressive. Highly recommend it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.