The good and the misleading
By bgaffney on
2005 Porsche Cayenne S AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)
Overall it is a good vehicle. I have had it a year and do enjoy it. This car was purchased for the safety and handling features. (I had recently been in an accident where the air bags deployed.)The handling and braking are great. I still drive my Explorer as it is easier to load things in, but if it rains this is the vehicle to be in. Unfortunately I was just notified the staged air bags that were listed on my paperwork were not available when I purchased my car (they did state that the airbags exceeded requirements but that is not enough for me). I am very concerned about that and will look for another vehicle that offers that feature. I have owned Porsches since 1964. I get 16 MPG around town.
Favorite Features
Navigation system is good. Wish the book explained things better. You can fit 3 car seat/booster seats across the rear seat
Suggested Improvements
Does not come with a spare tire and no one mentioned it. Key /door opener only works when next to car. Back cup holders are too sensitive to touch; they constantly open. Brake dust on the wheels is a constant challenge. Felt I was milsled regarding airbags which was the main reason I bought the car.