2007 Porsche Boxster Consumer Review: 1st time Porsche owner

2007 Porsche Boxster - Consumer Review

Base Convertible (2.7L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

1st time Porsche owner
By weekend thrill on

2007 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I'm in my early 60's and after riding motorcycles for over 20 years I felt it was time be a little safer but still have weekend fun and thrills. I test drove a Vette but once I got behind the wheel of the Porsche Boxster and put it through its paces, I was sold. I drove both the Boxster's standard and S models and the other Porsche, top of the line, models and after comparing the price differences and only driving the Boxster on weekends ( I only have 4500 miles on it) I felt the standard model Boxster was fine with me. For an old guy the Boxster is everything I could want and more!

No problems so far. Its fast,agile, corners great, no drifting and great braking. I have the 5 spd trans and still have fun shifting thru the gears. My wife and myself love driving up Calif. Hwy 1 with the top down. The gas mileage is better than I expected. The front and rear trunk areas are ample.

Bose radio can be improved. Buttons for radio, AC, etc are hard to see and push when driving. Needs bluetooth. Have to drive very slowly over bumps and dips, front bumper hits. Had to get use to checking the oil- no dip stick. Hard to get in and out of, but hey it's a sports car!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review