Extreme oil consumption
By Diane on
2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
I was so excited when I purchased this car. It was everything I wanted and still do. However, around 54,000 miles in (I purchased it when it only had 100 miles) I took my car in for a oil change. No problem, then less than a 1000 miles my check oil light came on. I took it back to the shop that changed my oil and was told that there was NO oil in there. I am now at 73,000 and continue to have problems and Pontiac has been "working on it" for this entire time. Going in for service every other month is time consuming. I drive less than 15 miles to work per day and am using a quart of oil every 1000 miles. Hoping for a solution because I sure love the care otherwise.
Favorite Features
Low profile tires are nice. But remember they are sensitive to wear and tear. I have went through two sets of front tires. They are not cheap, $600 a set is not fun to pay out.
Suggested Improvements
The 3.8 engine is awesome, however, it does not appear that my car had a winner installed. Maybe this is why they choose to stop making this line. Just food for thought. Here I get my dream car and ended up with a nightmare.