Used 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan Consumer Reviews - 119 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

I loved her til the end
By Athena

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I recently turned in my '02 Grand Prix GT Sedan. It was my 3rd Grand Prix in a row since I lease every 3 years. It was a wonderful car - great pickup, good in the snow, roomy inside, big trunk, good sound system & overall fun to drive! I had to have a few items replaced near the end of my lease (water pump, door hinge, entire new sunroof) - but nothing was earth shattering & all was covered under the warranty. I would have purchased it when my lease was over but the price GM wanted me to pay was $3,000 over blue book value!!! Wake up GM!!!

steering wheel mounted stereo controls, power moonroof, chrome wheels, power adjustable driver's seat, plenty of horsepower, loved the bright red paint (GM doesn't seem to make that color any more!)

Outside temperature sensor, compass, fold down back seat (not just that stupid little pass through), more up-to-date interior with less plastic, need better fuel economy & better reliability GM!

Power, Performance and Style
By Don Richmond

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I am a driver in my mid 40's. I guess I've become bored with the average sedan. Looking for something a little different. This is it! This gives me the sporty look I wanted, the power to get there fast, and the comfort I desired. The car is loaded. The 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP has great acceleration and has lots of toys. The salesperson pointed out the Eyecue Heads up Display. He informed me the GM had bought out Hughes Aircraft back in the 80's. Hughes makes the F-16 fighter jet. He asked if I had ever seen Tom Cruise in Top Gun. I said sure. Well remember when the jet information was projected onto his windshield .... check this out..the same technology was in my Grand Prix!

The GTP comes standard with the 3.8 supercharged V-6 engine. According to Ward's Auto World - "one of the ten best engines ever built". Additionally, this vehicle has all the toys. Naturally, all the power assists. But my favorite is the heads up display which projects info onto the windshield

The only improvement might be a little more headroom. I'm 6'3" and with the power sunroof it's a little cramped.

02 Grand Prix
By Testerman

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This has been the best car I have ever owned. Only problem has been with the front wheel bearings. Both have gone out and it isn't a cheap repair. Engine is exceptional for the performance you get and the fuel economy you achieve. It has also run flawlessly for over 60,000 miles.

Sun roof.

Better front wheel bearings and a way to lower wind and road noise in the cabin.

I love it!
By Andorbal

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this car for over two years now and have had no problems with it (which would be expected for a car that's only two years old!) It still drives like it did when it was new and I'm amazed at the highway gas mileage! We just got a 2005 Subaru Forester and while I love that car and really like the all-wheel drive, my Grand Prix is still the car I prefer driving.

The large amount of drivers seat space. I'm rather tall and I've never felt cramped. The engine is rather nice, too. It feels fast, even though it's the base 3100. The dual climate control is killer, too.

I'd like more useful headrests, but most other improvements I'd have would have been solved by adding options or stepping up to the GT or GTP.

Quality car
By neilb

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Very well puy together car

just fun to drive

steering wheel controls for cruise control