Used 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Pontiac Grand-prix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

This is a great car
By MDSIDE1

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

What can i say i am 6ft1 and i tilt the drivers seat back a little so the ride is perfect. I drive a 650 mile round trip to DC every weekend and it is nothing but comfort. The Sound system is great, dual climate control and onstar service! I bought it used with 64K miles on it, and it still runs like the day it came off the assembly line!

Favorite Features

Stereo is definately premium. The factory stereo sounds better than some of my friends 2K plus systems. Ride! Nothing but comfort, easily adjustable power seat. Smooth shifting even when you floor it from a light or passing on highway.

Suggested Improvements

Windshield Seals. Around the upper corners of the windshield the seals seem to pop up a little. I noticed this to be true on most of these designed GP's even the sport models. Cupholder location. It is just to close to the gear shifter, and not convienent for tall people.

Pontiac 'Enjoyment'
By heathbarwsu

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

My Grand Prix has been put through some extreme conditions, and still came through a champ. During a 5 mile white out on Christmas Day my Grand Prix's braking was put to the test. Cars were spinning out left and right as I passed by. I always felt in control and 100% confident with my car. During a 90+ degreee day in bumper to bumer traffic for hours heading into Chicago, my car never once cracked above it's normal temperature. My car is an absolute joy to drive and the compliments I get (when it's clean) are numerous!

Favorite Features

I love the 40th Anniversary package details: Exterior Color, Wheels, Two- Tone leather interior (gorgeous deep red with graphite accents), embroidered seats and floor mats.

Suggested Improvements

Heated passenger seat option would be great. More cup holders would be nice too.

Falling apart
By spiffy

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Have had the transmition replaced twice, alternator, water pump, air compressor, brake callipers, starter, etc...all replaced at least once in 2 years. I could go on forever. The thing falls apart. I will never buy a ponitac again, and i won't let anyone i know get one either. warranty was good but my car was in the shop more than i drove it.

Favorite Features

power and handling. Interior comfort. Warranty.

Suggested Improvements

make it at least somewhat reliable

GREAT CAR
By MARPAR

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

HAVE NEVER HAD BACK TO DEALER FOR ANYTHING. DO MY OWN MAINT. (OIL, TIRE ROTATION, ETC). CAR RUNS PERFECT & DRIVES LIKE NEW. RIDE IS A LITTLE STIFF AFTER YOU'VE BEEN IN IT FOR AWHILE BUT IT'S A SPORT SEDAN, NOT A HIGHWAY CRUISER.

Great car all around
By Rich of Ballwin

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great car! Fun to drive because it handles so great. Very comfortable and very good gas mileage. About 20 around town and 29-33 on the road. Many compliments on looks, etc. We do all our travelling in it with the longest trip being about 6000 miles. No problem with 4 adults on long trip. Very reliable so far. We have 25000 miles on it. The 3.8 is a fabulous engine. Plenty of zip and great mileage. I usually trade every 3-4 years but my wife would kill me if I sold this one.

Favorite Features

Handling, gas mileage, comfort,looks and reliability.

Suggested Improvements

This is not really a problem but would like a better armrest for driver on long trips.