2007 Pontiac G6 Value Leader Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Too MUCH FUN
By GREJEF

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is great. Room, Super FAST, Handling, Sound, SPEED, braking etc... Purchased the car for the wife on her birthday, either it was this or a Volvo convert. We both love it, only driven on sunny days, but when the hound is released, it goes. Oh, it has the 3.9, performance exhaust, body kit, and pushes 250 HP. Oh, so far one of a kind with the tan seats on a black body, talk about looks with the top down.

Favorite Features

The roof down, sunny day, and 95MPH

Suggested Improvements

Roof down option with the autostart. That would be cool

Now I own two black convertibles!
By Barb

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Started out to buy a rational vehicle, since I already own a high performance roadster--(1991 RX7 convertible). My husband declared the Civic and Mazda 3 boring. I suggested a 4 seat convertible. We chose a hardtop so we'd have a car to leave at the airport without worrying. I'm really pleased. It's not a sports car, or all that high performance, but it is fun. Handling is very good for a car its size and the back seat roomy enough for adults. With this car, I can have my top down and pick up the kids, take the dog to the vet, etc. Charlie Brown once said the key to happiness is to own a lake and a convertible. Convertible = fun. Now I drive one almost every day!

Favorite Features

The folding hardtop. Absolutely. Like the red gauges, too. Great styling. The price/features ratio was very nice. The Volvo costs almost 50% more. The Eos costs more and the back seat is very minimal.

Suggested Improvements

Only complaints are ergonomics. The armrests and cupholders are in uncomfortable places and I'm more tired during a long trip than with my old Contour. This is a much more luxurious car, so that's ironic and unacceptable. Other minor complaint: windscreen cost is outrageous.

Good Choice
By SteveSoriano

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Under $30k with all the options, including the bigger engine. Try that in a Solara or a Eos, or a BMW....all of which were considerations for me. The Pontiac guys are so hungry they give these away at invoice, less rebates. I like the 100,000 mile warranty.. The car is zippy around town, quiet on the freeway, and there is plenty of room for two in the back seat. I have had better cars, but none for under $50k.

Favorite Features

Zippy, and a Hard Top Convertible. Plenty of room up front for big drivers.

Suggested Improvements

The little chrome rings on the volume and channel selector knobs are the cheapest pieces of garbage I have ever felt. The stereo sounds fine, but for the life of me, I can't explain some of the interior styling decisions GM made.

Pontiac G6 GT 3.9 4dr 6spd
By Scott

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It seems like this will be a good car. I'm typically a Mopar guy, but the fact that this is one of the few sedans with a V6/manual transmission is the reason I bought it. Only complaints are the gas mileage is lower than expected (19.5 city), but hopefully it'll improve as the engine breaks in and the interior scuffs easily. Not impressed with XM radio, my friend's Sirius seems much better. The car is comfortable, rides smooth, and fairly quit. Over all pretty solid.

Favorite Features

6 speed transmission, sun roof, and 18 inch rims

Suggested Improvements

Interior scuffs too easy and improve on gas mileage

Amazing Power
By Henrey

2007 Pontiac G6 GTP 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

When i first bought my G6 i was amazed of the power this beast has, for the price paid it was well worth the money. Its V6 3.9 liter 240 hp engine is amazing. It is a fun car for the entire family.

Suggested Improvements

I-pod hook up would be nice, and blue gauge lights.

my new G6
By maidmo

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Beautiful car, I am very proud ! Hard to see through the back window, though.- I have to use mirrors totally, needs Lumbars in front seats, but passengers in the rear are very comfy. Trunk is huge and wonderful! Some work needs to be done on the design so we can see out the back windows.. there are major blind spots.

Favorite Features

woodgrain on doors and shift. fuel mpg and oil life stats are nice. Body is beautiful..For old folks, this car makes us look good.

Suggested Improvements

Need a key opening on passenger side, please.... lumbar on both front seats for us old folks who bought this car to take road trips.

Fun in the Sun
By Tom Sully

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been nothing but all fun. The only problem that I have had with this car is that when it was only 2 weeks old the top wouldn't go down. The dealer said that it was a broken hinge.

Favorite Features

In Michigan where the weather isn't always the best for a conv. top. The hard top is the best idea. I can drive it in the Winter and still enjoy it. I also have the 3.9 liter V6 not the 3.5

Suggested Improvements

I have no suggestions at this time. I've only driven it 3100 miles so far.

My Convertible
By krhahn

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have not had the automobile long, but the handling and striking good looks are incredible.

Favorite Features

The extremely comfortable seats and the ease of up/down of the top is priceless.

Suggested Improvements

My only disappointment is that it does not have On-Star.

Problem overflow container
By Degy

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the second time took car back for service because overflow container leaks anti freeze. Not the best set up because container has a seam in the middle. When the car heats up antifreeze expands and leaks at the seam.

Suggested Improvements

The container should be changed without a seam. Don't know if other models G6 has the same set up.

Pontiac G 2007
By Bradley Melton

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I got my 2007 Black GT G 6 on 9/11. My wife who has hated my previous convertibles loves this one. It is real quiet with the top up. I can now hear my 88 year old mother talk while I drive her around. Looks ? With the top down this car gets all kinds of looks. Power? I only have the 3.5 and this thing moves along real nice. I went to get around some traffic going home form work on 95 S and I looked down and I was breathing on 90. Whoops! At 3K I will switch over to the Mobil 1 Extended Performance oil. The trunk with the top up has a fare amount of room and there is more room in the back seats than I expected.The last Pontiac I had lasted 190K & did not burn oil.Fun Car-Me? I am 58 yrs old.

Favorite Features

The way the top goes up and down. My wife and I noticed that the lights on this car just seem brighter that her 2006 Nissan Murano and my previous Sebring JXI. Pontiacs last !

Suggested Improvements

Make Sability Control standard.