Used 2007 Pontiac G6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Pontiac G6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G6 model:

True driver's car
By Vikont

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The review is actually for a Canadian version of Pontiac G6 SE with Performance Package (3.5L 224-hp V6, hydraulic steering, fog lights; ABS, curtain-side airbags come standard). Purchased just a month ago, and I still can't get over a very competent sporty ride, solid build, just the right suspension, firm cornering, and loads of torque for sudden acceleration. Very roomy too, and all controls are nicely placed. The car is a pleasure to look at and a joy to drive!

Powerful engine, sporty firm but absorbing suspension, solid cornering, simple but elegant muscular style. Great sound system too. This car turns heads!

Better interior plastic finishing (especially the steering wheel), lower brake pedal, 6-speed auto transmission, larger dash tray, overhead compartment for garage door opener, map lights on the rear-view mirror, a little lighter steering and a smaller steering wheel.

Nothing but Problems!!!!!
By Kim

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in January 07, to downsize from a Gas sucking Yukon. This is a nice looking car and I thought I loved the panoramic roof. WRONG!!!! I do love to ride with the roof open but when it is closed, there is so much wind noise that you can not even talk! My car is in the shop now for the 9th time to repairs this. They have had it for 9 days now! GM is involved and I hope they buy it back! Multiple other problems exist as well, brakes, environmental system was putting a bad smell into the car, power steering racks wen out when car was 11 months old, had to have heaters on seats checked. Gas miles not as good as stated.

LOVE the heated seats LOVE the roof when it is open

hmmmmmm......

Awesome Car!!!
By StephH

2007 Pontiac G6 GTP 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car about a year ago and I still LOVE it!! I previously had a grand am that I liked, but I got sick of it after only 9 months. this is the only car I've ever had that I didn't get sick of right away. Also the first brand new car I ever got. The exterior is amazing, I have seen some reviews about them not having remote locks, I guess I thought it was standard. I have remote lock/start, sunroof, 19" rims, V6, heated leather seats, automatic with manual option, telescoping steering wheel.

I love the red dash illumination, telescoping steering wheel, auto lights, excellent get up and go for speed, great sound system. I really like that there are shoulder belts on all of the seats in the back. Also like the outlet inside the center console, its nice to store my cell charger

I wish there was an MP3 jack, and that the heated seats would turn on with the electric start in the winter. The stabilitrak and traction control are new to me, hard to get used to. Also, the rims seem to catch a lot of snow in the winter causing vibrations. Overall I absolutely love this car!!!

Get what you pay for
By Brent

2007 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Traded this car after 1 year. Couldn't get over the rough ride very cheap plastic bland interior. The front seats are hard as rocks and the drivers seat (not power) was horribly uncomfortable and actually put your legs to sleep. i always felt like i was in a cave while driving this car. Then the steering at 9,000 miles broke and that was it for me. Read past blogs about the major problem Pontiac is having with this crap steering system. i was not interested in keeping a car with abysmal ratings in my garage any longer. Went with Hyundai 09 sonata and so much happier. i also got 22 miles per gallon in the city with some highway driving here in Chicago and i am far from a lead foot.

radio was good. Transmission was fine as well.

seats, engineering, quality.

A G6 with some miles on it
By vortec442

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I looked at several cars and with gas climbing the G6 seemed to have good power and a good fuel mileage. It lives up to all that. Biggest problem is the electric steering is going out and dealers are scratching heads trying to fix it (I have been to 2 dealers 3 times) engine is making some noise when cold and loosing a little power.Interior parts are cheap with a few cracks and breaks.If the car can be fixed this is still a peppy little car with a great price tag, that turns heads a carries a great 5year, 100,000 mile warranty. Prior I owned a Grand Am, very similar. Also very roomy. My father is 6'2" 300+ and rides in here no problem

Very good looking car 30+ mpg, engine monitor in radio, roomy interior, nice sport package with Spoiler, fog lights and rims

do not buy if electrical steering, spend some money on interior parts, and trunk could be larger. Some time rough roads will shake the car bad.