Used 2007 Pontiac G6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Pontiac G6

View reviews for a specific G6 model:

Nothing but Problems!!!!!
By Kim

2007 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in January 07, to downsize from a Gas sucking Yukon. This is a nice looking car and I thought I loved the panoramic roof. WRONG!!!! I do love to ride with the roof open but when it is closed, there is so much wind noise that you can not even talk! My car is in the shop now for the 9th time to repairs this. They have had it for 9 days now! GM is involved and I hope they buy it back! Multiple other problems exist as well, brakes, environmental system was putting a bad smell into the car, power steering racks wen out when car was 11 months old, had to have heaters on seats checked. Gas miles not as good as stated.

Favorite Features

LOVE the heated seats LOVE the roof when it is open

Suggested Improvements

hmmmmmm......

Awesome Car!!!
By StephH

2007 Pontiac G6 GTP 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car about a year ago and I still LOVE it!! I previously had a grand am that I liked, but I got sick of it after only 9 months. this is the only car I've ever had that I didn't get sick of right away. Also the first brand new car I ever got. The exterior is amazing, I have seen some reviews about them not having remote locks, I guess I thought it was standard. I have remote lock/start, sunroof, 19" rims, V6, heated leather seats, automatic with manual option, telescoping steering wheel.

Favorite Features

I love the red dash illumination, telescoping steering wheel, auto lights, excellent get up and go for speed, great sound system. I really like that there are shoulder belts on all of the seats in the back. Also like the outlet inside the center console, its nice to store my cell charger

Suggested Improvements

I wish there was an MP3 jack, and that the heated seats would turn on with the electric start in the winter. The stabilitrak and traction control are new to me, hard to get used to. Also, the rims seem to catch a lot of snow in the winter causing vibrations. Overall I absolutely love this car!!!

Get what you pay for
By Brent

2007 Pontiac G6 Value Leader 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Traded this car after 1 year. Couldn't get over the rough ride very cheap plastic bland interior. The front seats are hard as rocks and the drivers seat (not power) was horribly uncomfortable and actually put your legs to sleep. i always felt like i was in a cave while driving this car. Then the steering at 9,000 miles broke and that was it for me. Read past blogs about the major problem Pontiac is having with this crap steering system. i was not interested in keeping a car with abysmal ratings in my garage any longer. Went with Hyundai 09 sonata and so much happier. i also got 22 miles per gallon in the city with some highway driving here in Chicago and i am far from a lead foot.

Favorite Features

radio was good. Transmission was fine as well.

Suggested Improvements

seats, engineering, quality.

A G6 with some miles on it
By vortec442

2007 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I looked at several cars and with gas climbing the G6 seemed to have good power and a good fuel mileage. It lives up to all that. Biggest problem is the electric steering is going out and dealers are scratching heads trying to fix it (I have been to 2 dealers 3 times) engine is making some noise when cold and loosing a little power.Interior parts are cheap with a few cracks and breaks.If the car can be fixed this is still a peppy little car with a great price tag, that turns heads a carries a great 5year, 100,000 mile warranty. Prior I owned a Grand Am, very similar. Also very roomy. My father is 6'2" 300+ and rides in here no problem

Favorite Features

Very good looking car 30+ mpg, engine monitor in radio, roomy interior, nice sport package with Spoiler, fog lights and rims

Suggested Improvements

do not buy if electrical steering, spend some money on interior parts, and trunk could be larger. Some time rough roads will shake the car bad.

An Excellent Choice
By S Martin

2007 Pontiac G6 GTP 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car in Dec. '06 and never had buyer's remorse. This car is very quick and my friends are impressed with the superb road holding. It also gets decent mileage (I'm averaging 24 mpg city/hwy). The 6A is awesome (won't find that on Accord or Altima) and the trip tonic will hold gear even if you floor the throttle. 18" wheels typically scratch easily but the treadwall height on these tires is enough that the tires absorb impact upon curb contact. The 8-spkr Monsoon is awesome. Excellent cargo capacity with folding rear seats. No reliability issues so far - car has only needed oil changes and tire rotation. Heated seats work well and the two-tone leather looks great. Buy it

Favorite Features

The remote start without question. This feature is a jaw-dropper. The fast-back rear window looks great. OnStar unlocked my car when I inadvertently left my keys in the trunk. The hands-free dialing works well also. Enough rear headroom to get 6-footers across town, 66" girls fit comfortably.

Suggested Improvements

Get the summer only tires - if you get the standard Goodyear Eagle's the car is limited to 115 mph (limitied to 140 mph otherwise). Wish the car would have come with iPod hook-up but was able to purchase hook-up from the dealer that is covered by warranty. The 2008's have iPod hook-up factory.