1993 Nissan Truck Base Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Nissan Truck - Consumer Reviews

1993 Truck Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Truck model:

Sort Reviews by

Great almost
By ryanjg

1993 Nissan Truck Extended Cab SE V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

My truck has been great needs just the regular things only thing i would change is the plastic parts everything plastic just breaks or warps visors broke rear window hings and bumper step maybe being in Colorado the uv rays may be part of it but still. But would never get rid of it

Favorite Features

Motor never will leave you stuck or stranded

Suggested Improvements

plastic parts and maybe cup holders.

King Cab is King
By splendid vehicle

1993 Nissan Truck Extended Cab SE V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my truck new in late 1992, 17 years ago. It has been used hard, especially in summers and fall, hauling canoes, camping and waterfowl hunting. I can't imagine a more reliable truck. I replaced the clutch 3 years ago. All other repairs have been standard. The frame is showing superficial rust. Thats it! This is one spectacular vehicle. Oh, but a cupholder would be good.

Dependable
By Agator82

1993 Nissan Truck Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab SB

my Dad purchased this truck new from the dealership in 1993, and after 15 years decided to pass it on with 180,000 miles. All I can say is great truck. Had its first brake job at 201,000; clutch at 194,000. Two starters, but not much else. I will keep this one for a long time.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive and reliable.

Suggested Improvements

If anyone has figured out a way to add a cup holder please post it.

TOUGH
By Jason

1993 Nissan Truck Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab SB

I've had my hardbody since I got out of school, gave it H*&& since. Got 250k on it and it still starts every time, runs as good as the day I got it with 124k. Had to put a couple trannys in it but like I said, I drive the heck out of it. Very tough engine, takes beating after beating but always changed oil on time.

Favorite Features

Cold a/c, handles great for a truck.

Suggested Improvements

Plastic vents crack easy, tougher front bumper!

Love this Truck!
By Ostrling

1993 Nissan Truck Extended Cab SE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have had many cars and trucks but I really just like driving my Nissan. It has been a very dependable and reliable friend over the years. It's outlasted two wifes! Great engine, excellent build quality, fantastic off road capability, comfortable seats and overall a nice looking rig. Highly recommended. The bed is 6'8", longer than most. If you put a top on it you can sleep in back easily making weekend trips to the beach or mountains fun and economical. Try it, you'll like it!

Favorite Features

Excellent 4x4 capability takes me anywhere, safely and reliably. Nothing stops my Nissan. I love to drive it in snow storms. Great suspension, good low end torque, low gear transfer case and full locking axle up front. Indestructible engine. No rattles or squeaks after 15 years.

Suggested Improvements

Could've put a cup holder inside! Its ok, I bought an aftermarket center console at walmart for $20 that fit right in and has four cup holders. A bit better mileage would also be welcome. It's decent at 15-18 overall, but wish it were more like 25 or so.

200k and still kicking
By nissandriver4ever

1993 Nissan Truck Extended Cab SE V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have over 200k on my nissan and it still runs great, doesn't use a drop of oil, and have never had to do any serious repairs. It gets excellent highway gas mileage (23 MPG) and is the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. I'll never buy any truck other than a Nissan again!

Favorite Features

Reliability, fuel economy, fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders

My used Nissan Truck
By Jeremy

1993 Nissan Truck Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought my 1993 Nissan King Cab Pickup with 94,000 miles on it and it now has 152,000. I have the 4-cylinder / 5 speed combo and feel the power to weight ratio on the 4WD is not good enough. The additional transfer case weight, suspension, slighly bigger tires absolutely rob this motor of power. A small truck such as this should get 17 - 18 MPG, not 14 - 15. It does have reliability and true toughness on back roads, so camping is a non-issue. I am pleasantly suprised about where it can go. It does boast a thicker / heavier frame than a Toyota. However, buy the Toyota. A cheaper Nissan is NOT the answer. If you are looking at trucks, and are afraid to spend the extra money up front cost on a a Toyota, buy one anyway.

Favorite Features

This truck with proper shocks / tires is indeed just plain tough!

Suggested Improvements

More power from the 4-cylinder engine.

Just keeps on going.....
By Ponyboy

1993 Nissan Truck Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought my pick-up used in 1996. I have since then racked-up 180,000 miles on the odometer! The ONLY thing I have ever had to replace was an ignition relay (twice), and that only cost $15 each time. My truck is a five speed, and I have never had to replace the clutch! Nobody believes me, but the original clutch is still in it! The engine still runs strong, does not leak, and does not smoke. With regular maintenance (like I've always performed) I wonder just how long it will last?! Great job Nissan! This is quality construction!

Great Truck
By Armando

1993 Nissan Truck Extended Cab SE V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have never kept any vehicle this long.

Favorite Features

overall reliability

Suggested Improvements

suspension is stiff

I love this truck
By Thomas C.

1993 Nissan Truck Extended Cab SE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have a Nissan 4x4 truck and I love it. If you have the choice of trucks to purchase, than go for a Nissan. That name means reliability to me. Thanks Nissan for making such a perfect truck for people like me.

Favorite Features

4x4, sliding rear window, extended cab seating, and the greatest touch of all was the little pop up hooks that are on the bed of the truck. If you know anything about Nissans, than you know what I am talking about.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvments that I would make is a higher lift, of 3 inches or so, and hmm...nothing else:)