2009 Nissan Titan Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
Overall piece of Crap ! Not a good investment - Buy Ford or Chevy
By buster1957 on 02/04/13 14:29 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Titan Crew Cab PRO-4X FFV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I am amazed that the Titan has as many mechanical problems and lack of reliablility. I paid good money for a truck that has not lived up to it's past ratings. I am very disappointed and wish I would have bought a Ford or Chevrolet. I had a 98 Z-71 that was a better truck than the 2009 Nissan Titan.

2009 Nissan Titan - JUNK!!!!
By freddock on 06/29/12 13:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Titan Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is a horrible truck. It is pretty to look at but not built very well. At just 117K miles it needs an all new rear end due to a known problem that Nissan is aware of but does nothing about. The pumpkin on the rear axle heats up and destroys the gears inside. A $4000 repair on a three yr old truck. They apparently made the truck look nice but didn't care what they were putting under the hood. Run don't walk away from this one! Go for something reliable like Ford. I would never buy or recommend a Nissan ever again. This is just an expensive piece of junk.

Great Power, Weak MPG
By Bill on 05/06/10 11:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Titan Crew Cab SE FFV 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this titan used with 15,000 miles. Very good value and a tough looking truck. Very comfortable and drives well. I am experimenting with gas mileage. I tried e85 flex fuel and just finished that tank getting 11 mpg city. I have gone back to gasoline hoping for better results. I also have ordered a bed cover hoping that will add some mpg. Overall very happy with the truck, its comfort and power.

Still best truck out there
By ah7771 on 04/22/10 17:00 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Titan Crew Cab LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My 2nd Titan. I have the fully loaded LE with navigation. I compared it to the Tundra which I drove immediately beforehand and even though the Tundra is a newer model and has more hp, the Titan just feels faster and the interior is more luxurious. I compared it to a top-of-the line Tundra.

WHAT!
By fuselim on 03/20/10 21:42 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Titan Crew Cab LE FFV 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Plain and simple, treat yourself to a test drive. I've owned this truck for a year and could not be more pleased. Don't listen to the reviews, I think the Big 3's are paying big money to the writers. I hunt, fish and enjoy traveling, this truck is fully capable. I drove a Ford for 17 Years, a Chevy for 10 and these where good trucks but I'm now in the best truck I've ever owned. Me and the wife are going to canada from texas, cain't wait to cross the rockies in this truck.

2009 Titan SE
By tb on 12/28/09 10:57 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Titan Crew Cab SE FFV 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchases this truck to replace my 2005 titan that I leased. I personally liked the 05 much better. Some of the flashy features have been removed like the chrome mirror covers. The SE truck should come with fog lights. It also seems the suspension is a little different as the ride in the 09 seems to be bumpier.

Lots of Power
By RHW on 11/25/09 18:37 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Titan Crew Cab LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Have used this truck for business purposes since I bought it new 7 months ago. I use it to pull a tandem axle trailer weight approx. 6K pounds 90% of the time. The truck pulls this trailer flawlessly! No complaints at all. The crew cab w/ long bed allows me to take the family along with tools, trailer, and a good size load with no worries thus far. Fuel mileage is to be expected for a truck of this size and power, but well worth it. My only semi complaint is that the exhaust noise occasionally wears on me by the end of the day. It is a sharp looking truck, plenty of space, comfortable, and can be used as an office on wheels. As a contractor, I am completely satisfied with this truck thus far

best truck i ever owned so far
By kevin on 11/12/09 17:16 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Titan Crew Cab PRO-4X FFV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have had this truck since feb o9 and has 11,000 miles on it. Awesome truck ! The ride is great the power is phenomenal. Gas mileage is decent but could be better, but Nissan hit it great when they built the pro 4x and why did they quit making it? I may eat these words later but as of now no one can come close to this truck! Used to be a Chevy man but not anymore..

Great Truck
By Jzlildevil on 11/07/09 12:39 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Titan Crew Cab LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Best truck on the market in its class for sure. I had one issue with a tranny line, dealer fixed I am happy. Tons of power. Does great in the snow and mud. I will be a nissan owner for life. It really does drive like a dream.

The Big let down
By big mike on 07/21/09 08:46 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Titan Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned my Titan for 16 months and ive had to have the rear axle replaced twice. I was told it was a bad design by Nissan. Ive also had brake issues with the rotors warping and premature wear. The gas mileage is terrible. The salesman told me it will average 15 to 18 and I have calculated 9 to 12. Although I will say this truck has enough power to race in nascar, it just doesn't quiet measure up as a work truck. When I went to traded it in the value dropped $12,000. Needless to say im still driving it. My next truck will be a Chevy!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Titan Crew-cab in VA is:

$147 per month*