Used 1993 Nissan Sentra XE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

1993 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Post your miles on your 93 Sentra
By dereake

1993 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

I have a 1993 Nissan Sentra that just turned 400,000 miles on 12/15/12 and still has original engine, post your miles.

The best car ever!!
By crystaaall

1993 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

I absolutely love my Sentra! I bought it with 90,000 miles and I am up to 198,000 with no problems. I have had people try to buy it from me but I refuse, I will keep it until it dies. It has been the most reliable, low maintenance car I have ever owned. I would buy another one in a heartbeat!

I love this car!
By Emily's best friend.

1993 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

When I turned 16, my father bought me my first sentra. It was bright red so I named him Clifford. I loved that car! It was great for a teen! I learned to drive stick on it. Only problem I had with that one was the clutch being 12 years old and needing replaced. Sadly, his life ended in the snow one year. To replace him though, I found the same exact car (with a few modifications) and I absolutely love her! I still will always have a special place for my first one, but they all seem to do me good. Emily (Clifford's best friend) will be around till she dies.

Favorite Features

5 speed. Only minor repairs other than replacing the clutch.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders kind of annoying in their place, but compact.

I love this car. It has been the best.
By Laura

1993 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

This is the best car I've ever owned. I purchased the car when it had only 12 mi on the odometer and now it has 163,000! It is still in top running form. I only recently had to replace the clutch after 150,000 miles. Buy a Sentra if you get the chance.

Favorite Features

Safety, fuel economy, appearance, handling.

Suggested Improvements

The ceiling needs to be a little higher. My son is 6'4" and has to bend over slightly to ride in the car.

Couldn't Find a Better Beater
By All Thumbs

1993 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

What a peppy car! Can't believe it's only a 4 cylinder! Got it as a commuter car at 172K miles. Spins the tires easily with the 5 speed. Can get frostbite from the AC, goes forever on a tank of gas. Just try and pry me out of this one! Handles great, a pleasure to drive. My almost new car just sits, as I'd rather drive this one. A surprisingly fun and dependable car.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage is great!! AC is almost too cold, even on the very hottest of days. This is one peppy engine, and it handles terrific, too! Radio died at 200K exactly, but $20 for the junkyard replacement was good.

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders are darn near worthless! What engineer thought them up? Those automatic seatbelts can be a pain at times. Would rather it had regular seatbelts.