1993 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Post your miles on your 93 Sentra
By dereake on 12/16/12 12:03 PM (PST)

1993 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

I have a 1993 Nissan Sentra that just turned 400,000 miles on 12/15/12 and still has original engine, post your miles.

The best car ever!!
By crystaaall on 11/02/08 19:52 PM (PST)

1993 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

I absolutely love my Sentra! I bought it with 90,000 miles and I am up to 198,000 with no problems. I have had people try to buy it from me but I refuse, I will keep it until it dies. It has been the most reliable, low maintenance car I have ever owned. I would buy another one in a heartbeat!

I love this car!
By Emily's best friend. on 09/02/07 07:27 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

When I turned 16, my father bought me my first sentra. It was bright red so I named him Clifford. I loved that car! It was great for a teen! I learned to drive stick on it. Only problem I had with that one was the clutch being 12 years old and needing replaced. Sadly, his life ended in the snow one year. To replace him though, I found the same exact car (with a few modifications) and I absolutely love her! I still will always have a special place for my first one, but they all seem to do me good. Emily (Clifford's best friend) will be around till she dies.

I love this car. It has been the best.
By Laura on 01/05/07 08:33 AM (PST)

1993 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

This is the best car I've ever owned. I purchased the car when it had only 12 mi on the odometer and now it has 163,000! It is still in top running form. I only recently had to replace the clutch after 150,000 miles. Buy a Sentra if you get the chance.

Couldn't Find a Better Beater
By All Thumbs on 04/25/06 20:06 PM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

What a peppy car! Can't believe it's only a 4 cylinder! Got it as a commuter car at 172K miles. Spins the tires easily with the 5 speed. Can get frostbite from the AC, goes forever on a tank of gas. Just try and pry me out of this one! Handles great, a pleasure to drive. My almost new car just sits, as I'd rather drive this one. A surprisingly fun and dependable car.

Best Kept Secret
By Jackson on 06/07/05 12:32 PM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

This has been the best car, bar none, that I have ever owned. I am not the best at maintaining a car. I have had one set of sparkplugs, one set of struts, several sets of tires (once getting 80000 miles), never replaced the exhaust or the generator or the starter or the wires or distributor. I just drive the thing and it has never failed me. I would buy another with 100,000 miles on it and expect to get another hundred thousand. Ten years of no car payments and it still gets 37 mpg on a trip. I'm loving it.....

Fantastic Car...
By doehlerts on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

This car is 11 years old and has been great. It's comfortable, peppy, get's great gas mileage and has been very reliable. It has 150,000 miles on it and has driven across the country 3 times with no problems. I plan on keeping this car until it dies...

A great first car
By traceyh on 07/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

I had my Sentra for 5 years and would still have it if it hadn't been stolen! I had very few maintenance problems, especially considering I had it until 2002 (though my car did only have 60000 miles on it). For an economy car, it was pretty peppy, but lagged when climbing hills. It's definitely vanilla with no frills, but it's an excellent car for the money. If you're looking for reliability and good gas mileage with a great price, I would reccommend a Sentra.

good little car
By ccbjag on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

i bought this car when it was already 9 years old.it was very affordable. it had only 38k miles on it and now has 47k miles on it. it has been a reliable car since then. its fun to drive and has better pick up than a new chevy cavalier. it still looks good for an old car and i plan on keeping it as long as possible.

Great car for a grad student
By PAK on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

I bought my sentra in grad school. It is an excellent choice for somebody on a budget. I plan to keep it until it can no longer run, then I'll donate it.