Used 2010 Nissan Rogue SL SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Excellent family car and fun to drive
By mandrax98

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This SUV has been a great combination of a family car and has been fun to drive. We have had no mechanical issues in the past 5 years (except one tire pressure sensor became faulty and was repaired by the dealership free under warranty). Battery life, breaks, tires have all lasted 5 years. Currently has 45,000 miles. Accelerates well for an SUV, gets reasonable gas mileage, and looks sporty.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, large back seat, nice cargo area with cover, fog lights, able to turn on/off SDS transmission setting. Breaks and accelerates very smoothly.

Suggested Improvements

This model's interior looks like the quality of some of the Air vents, upholstery could be improved. Some reviews have suggested the CVT transmission drones, but we have not had that experience…it is relatively quiet and accelerates nicely (without gear-switching !) when passing on the highway, etc.

last review traded it in
By twowhldoug

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

final follow up on 2010 rogue,has 58,000 miles.Traded it on a pilot yesterday.Didn't buy a pathfinder due to premium fuel req.Unlike the 2009 we had the 2010 has been very nice to own.Only issue had for the length of ownership was the fuel gauge,not very accurate(was replaced once).The rogue has been a fine car,and has been fun to drive.Anytime punched up fuel mileage was 27pluss.the bose audio and blue tooth was a high point.Replaced tires at 44,000 and just maintenance.Dealer(Hunt Nissan)was the best.Feel bad about loosing them to the Honda guys,but we had to have a bigger car that used reg fuel.Ican say that a Rogue is a good choice to have.

Favorite Features

As stated previous,the Bose audio and blue tooth was a favorite in this car.Great sound and never had any problems(paired three diff phones)the 6 disc player worked great.Also liked the overall feel and performance of the package(CVT,Variable Cams)made the 4cyl feel like a V6.I have a 1997 Altima with a 2.4 in it with 174HP and it is a toad compaired to,or against the package in the Rogue.Also liked the heated mirrors and the dimmer rear view mirror.

Suggested Improvements

Front end face lift(more like the krom') woud be nice.Fix the fuel gauge once and for all.Put the direction(compass) back into the mirror again.

Happy So Far
By mama_in_tx

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my Rogue used with about 19K miles on it. I'm very happy so far. It looks good on the outside, very comfortable and quality interior and fun to drive. The rear visability isn't great, but that would be my only complaint. The highest gas milage I've seen thus far is about 26, and I average 23 normally. I drive about 20 miles on the highway to work, and have not taken a longer highway trip yet, so I expect maybe to see a little higher gas milage with that. I love the bluetooth feature, it works wonderfully! If you're in the market for a smaller SUV, this is defiently one to check into.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, blue tooth, Bose sound system!

Suggested Improvements

Add some storage under the passenger front seat and maybe more cargo room.

long term with third rogue
By twowhldoug

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We now have over 32000 miles on our third rogue.First two were problems.This one has been good till now.Fuel gauge stopped working,had to have sending unit.keyless is starting to not work in morning.I guess we are done with Nissan's.Can't imagine dealing with these kinds of problems as warranty expires(36,000miles). It is ashamed because this would really be a nice vehicle if not for the problems.Nissan has got to get on the ball.Have you noticed how the Rogue never is included in tests in magazines? I have.We have averaged 27MPG WE don't know what to get next.Maybe if nissan had a longer warranty or an extended warranty but as things are now,by by Nissan.

Favorite Features

Still love the sound system(bose)and the blue tooth has worked well.The seats(leather) are a little hard but comfy on trips.

Suggested Improvements

Get act together and figure out why these Rogues have so many problems.The transmission was not too loud for about 20,000 miles but now whines like the past two did.I can not understand why 3 for 3 rogues had keyless problems when our 2007 Maxima was ketless and never gave any problems(I wish we had it back).

Considering a Rogue?
By willbearepeat

2010 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased new SL in September 2010 and have been very pleased. Looked at CRV, RAV4 and Mazda CX7 and chose the Rogue and have no regrets. Now have almost 20K miles and have had no problems other than loose gas cap caused Check Engine Light to come on. In city gas mileage is right at 24 and best highway has been 31 when driving at 55mph with no AC. I'm 6'2" and fit comfortably in the drivers seat. My 16 yr old son who is also 6'2" fits comfortably in the back. This is not a sports car and doesn't drive like one. It is a small SUV that is a pleasure to drive, even on long trips.

Favorite Features

Bose Sound System Heated Leather Seats Interior Design & Finish Gas mileage (if you drive it reasonably) Integrated Blue Tooth for cell phone Keyless Ingnition/entry which causes bad habits (like locking the keys inside your wifes car)

Suggested Improvements

Speed odometer (160mph give me a break!) 55mph is not even marked on the dial. Fuel door on the right takes getting used to. Noisy interior when driving in rain. Fuel Indicator (known issue) Transmission whine (known issue, no jack rabbit starts = no whining)