Avoid Mobil Gas
By The Davester on
1998 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4dr SUV 4WD
Excellent vehicle. Extremely reliable. 2 months after I first bought the vehicle I had to get all of the fuel injectors replaced. The guy at the repair shop said it was due to the gas I was using. Up to that point I was using Mobil gas religously often going out of my was to get to a Mobil station. After the injectors were replaced I stayed away from Mobil gas and have used 76, Shell, and Chevron. Well, 5 years later and I have not had any problems with the fuel injectors getting clogged. My suggestion would be to stay away from Mobil gas just to be safe. The high gear 4WD can be quite dangerous on normal ashphalt.
Favorite Features
Standard stereo system is great although it seems like the system is tuned primarily for the driver. While I am driving I get good sensation from all speakers and it feels 3D. However, in every other seat the sound is not as good and feels more mono. Rides great.
Suggested Improvements
Word of caution: Never engage the high gear 4WD at speeds greater than 50 mph and never engage it during normal driving conditions. I would even caution against engaging it during rain for fear of the wheels slipping and losing traction. Probably alright in snow and dirt roads.