1995 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Great Machine
By happy owner on 02/09/09 22:06 PM (PST)

1995 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

This is my second Maxima, I also owned a 1991, which I drove to its death at 250,000 miles. I also own a 2003 with 102,000 miles. This 1995 currently has 175,000. It is a fabulous machine to drive, I had some replacements problems by having to replace alternator, starter, CV axles, a couple of fuel injectors, infamous knock sensor and the coolant temp sensor apart from regular brake, tune up, oil changes. I think the tricky thing is when the one of the fuel injectors starts acting up, the car/computer thinks the knock sensor and the temp sensor is bad, which was not the case with my and actually one of the injector was going bad. Parts are expensive but a reliable car.

Bullet Proof
By N. D. on 02/05/09 16:30 PM (PST)

1995 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

I put on a lot of highway miles in the first three years. Had to replace the starter twice, new shocks. Did have a problem with sensor brought on by freezing weather in Tahoe. As a consequence, the engine would cut out while accelerating. It cost $75 to replace the sensor. Only problems in 14 years. Replace oil every 3,000 miles from day one. Odometer now shows 300,175 miles. Still accelerates like day one. Very fast car. Hums at 85 mph. Best car I've ever owned. My third Maxima. The other two went to 180,000+. Traded one in and totaled the other in an accident.

Keeps Going and Going and ...
By sbddmd1 on 03/19/07 09:59 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

182,000 still runs good as new. I installed a k&n filter on it which improved horsepower and fuel economy.

357,000 Strong
By Greg on 03/17/07 00:12 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

This is the best car I have ever owned. Well this one has lasted me almost 10 years. My dad owned it before me. We have changed the oil every 3000 miles. The only problem I have ever had was the starter went out. It has 357,000 miles on it and still runs like the day I bought it from my father.

Awsome car
By Ryan on 03/13/07 20:49 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

I worked at a dealership for awhile. I used this car to get places i needed to go so i didn't have to put wear on my car. The car had 185,000 miles on it and it ran as good as my 2000 se with 80k. It handled awesomely and still had the performance i expected. I love my 00 and i loved this 95. I highly recommend a maxima to anyone. In my opinion of owning 2 a 90 and a 00 and having friends own them and working on there cars. I HIGHLY recommend the maxima. Just look up VQ30DE on Google and see all the awesome reviews you get for the motor!!!!

The Nissan A32 ROCKS!!
By minhv2029 on 12/11/06 09:33 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS CAR!! I have had this wonderful piece of work for nearly 3 years, and it has not let me down. The drive was very comfortable and smooth. Recently, I modified the suspension for improved handling, the ride of course is a little stiffer, but if one wants more stability and safety, comfort has to be sacrificed. Technically that is what the Maxima is: a sports sedan. Its meant to be driven like a sports car!! No one should have any disappointments with the car. Granted, some of the parts may need to be replaced, but thats expected for a 12 year old car. As long as one keeps up with the proper maintenance and takes good care of the maxima, it should last.

Commuter that fails to be boring...
By Vlad on 09/20/05 18:19 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

After 2 years of ownership, this car's design still looks fresh and not aged. Especially lively this car is with 5 speed transmission, which I was lucky to locate. Just downshift and its famously smooth and juicy VQ30DE V6 engine (rated best V6 for past 10 years) still performs on par with modern V6s. With 136K miles presently, maintenance covers way more parts, like tensioners, sensors, power coils. Yet I never had big issues except broken throw-out bearing that left me stranded 60 miles away from home and a failed injector. However, for its miles this car still holds very solid and I am sure I will easily pass 200K mark still on original transmission and with some minor repairs!

FUN!!!
By Gibby on 06/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

Love my Maxima! This was the first maxima I had ever driven. After the test drive, I was convinced. The 3.0 L V6 is phenomenal! So smooth, and so torquey! With the manual tranny, this car is a blast to drive. I felt the suspension is a bit soft and allowed too much body roll, so when my struts went 94k miles, I went with aftermarket struts/springs, and now it handles like a dream. Really fun car with plenty of room for the family!

Sell before 160K
By achy braky car on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

Overall, I have been very happy with my Maxima. In recent times, however, it has been a disapointment. Once it reached 160000 miles, everything seemed programmed to break. In a two month period of time, I have had to replace the calipers, rotors, struts, strut mounts, coil springs, battery, tires, front and rear axles and catalytic converter. The only thing that remains unfixed is the engine and the transmission. Before this time, I was generally fine with replacing worn out struts every 15K miles, but now at 165K the brakes and struts are going again.

excellent car
By Kyaker on 09/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

This car is my wifes daily driver and was purchased new for her job which was 80+% of the time in the car. I wanted her to drive a vehicle that had power and was safe verses most other cars if she was ever in an accident. Now she is a stay at home mom and I am getting her a new car, I was thinking that she would want a mini van etc. She wanted another Maxima. Nuff said...