2015 Nissan GT-R Consumer Review: Ninja Land Rocket

2015 Nissan GT-R - Consumer Review

2015 Nissan GT-R

Black Edition Coupe (3.8L V6 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Automated Manual)

Ninja Land Rocket
By rockit_syntist on

2015 Nissan GT-R Black Edition 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)

I can't put into words just how good it feels to drive my new 2015 GT-R Black Edition. I've been a Nissan fan since 1977 when I got a new Datsun 280Z (still have it) that has never had a single problem. Much as I love that Z car, the GT-R is from another universe. From the moment you fire it up & hear that low growl as the systems status unfold on the various display screens, you know you are about to experience more driving pleasure on four wheels than the law allows. Then with the slightest tap on the pedal every rumor you heard & every Youtube video you watched becomes reality. I considered many other 'supercars', but none were as badass cool for the price as my Super Silver GT-R.

For 2015, along with the yearly performance improvements, the engineers at GT-R sought to improve the ride comfort. They did. Every aspect of vehicle status is available in the configurable displays. The Recaro seats fit like a glove & the leg room (I'm 6'-4") is perfect. Sound system is theater quality & has all the latest tech including bluetooth, wifi, nav, & voice recognition. Visibility is great both day & night, luxury & convenience are in line with high price, cabin is quiet, trunk volume is huge, & safety features are industry best. Handling is incredible & the acceleration is a jaw dropping, mind numbing, rush of endorphins every time you give the pedal slightly more than a tap!

I have had the car for only a couple of weeks so I am still completely mesmerized by it's awsomeness. At this point, there is not one single down check that I would give to the 2015 GT-R Black Edition, which is exactly what you should expect for a land rocket priced north of $116,000.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review