05 Nismo is Super
By 81 Trekker on
2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
So far, quite pleased with the NISMO 4x4 Crew Cab. It has plenty of power on the highway both for passing and entrance ramps. It has a comfortable ride and handles well. I've taken it off-road a few times in the GW National Forest where it performs well. Took it up a steep hill with lots of lose rocks and gravel but it didn't hesitate. Have tried the hill descent but haven't needed the locking differential yet. It did bottom out a couple times - perhaps I was going too fast for the humps. After driving 4 Runners for 20+ years,I decided on the NISMO because I wanted a pickup this time and the Tacoma needs premium gas.
Favorite Features
Off-road performance as discussed above. Overall performance is also excellent. I love the Rockford-Fosgate with the Sirius Radio. Sunroof is also nice to have at low speeds off-road. My wife is pleased that I have side impact airbags.
Suggested Improvements
Got nicks on the sides of the doors from gravel that flew up on dirt roads. Mud flaps and fender flares need improvement to prevent damage to sides of the truck. More foot room on driver's side. Driver's foot rest should be easy to remove. Tailgate should be lighter.