Good in concept, mediocre in execution
By ssbrookhaven65 on
2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
The Altima 2.5S is, in my opinion and experience, not worth the price. You can purchase much more for your money by purchasing an Accord, Fusion, or a Mazda 6. I had purchased the Altima brand new for 24,500. For a few grand more, I could've had a fully loaded Accord Coupe with blue tooth, navigation, and a rear back-up camera. My Altima has no premium options that are available on cars even a few years older than it (such as my former 2007 Honda Accord EX-L). The 2.5S produces adequate torque for normal acceleration. I have timed my Altima from 0-60 in the 7.2-8.1 range on various occasions. My gas mileage figures do not come close to the quoted EPA estimates. I only average 21 MGP overall.
Favorite Features
The seats are comfortable and the dashboard and radio controls are neatly organized in a simplistic manner. The car handles well, making for a slightly amusing commute on curvy roads. Stopping power is good.
Suggested Improvements
The interior is greatly outdated. My old 2007 Honda Accord EX-L had a much more "modernized" interior. Gas mileage is poor, in which I achieve 21 MPG overall. This is worse than many V-6 powered cars with far more powerful engines. The cabin is dark and uninviting after the hype of owning "the sportier midsize sedan" wears off. Overall, there are cars that are less engaging and are of poorer quality than the Altima. However, there are also many more alternatives that stand apart from mediocrity. The Altima 2.5S is disappointingly mediocre. I regret impulsively buying the Altima 2.5. The Altima is an adequate car, but it is no where worth the price that I paid for it. Look elsewhere.