2004 Nissan 350Z Consumer Review: Z Z Tops

2004 Nissan 350Z - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (3.5L V6 6-speed Manual)

Z Z Tops
By Norman Hindley on

2004 Nissan 350Z 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I'm 60 years old and bought the Z for myself as a reward for living this long. I've owned it for 8 months and during this period I've enjoed it like no other auto I've ever owned. The Z is pleasing to the eye, reliable, easy to drive (meaning I'm not always shifting in traffic. The Z accelerates in 6th going up steep hills.), Gets about 23mpg,if driven in a sane manner, has plenty of guts under the hood, its exhaust note is pure Coltrane, the steering and the Z's ability to stick where it's aimed is very reassuring as is the braking. I've only broken rear- end loose once, and it was my error not the Z's. The car is forgiving. The trunk is plenty big enough for family shopping needs.

I enjoy the Z's handling, horsepower, sleek appearance, tire width, 6 speed transmission, mpg, exhaust note and roomy interior. My favorite gear is 3rd. It's a cinch to wash and wax and the wheel rims gleam like silver shine like gold. Yeh, I'm a fan.

The cockpit interior should be enhanced. I don't want it to look like a gumball machine, but a few deft design flourishes here and there would be well received by most owners. This is not a gripe. It's nit-picking.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review