Used 2007 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

2007 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan

View reviews for a specific Galant model:

Great value for the price
By michellemarie

2007 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I traded a 2002 Audi A6 for my Galant and was hesitant at first. After owning the car for awhile I realized that the value for the dollar cannot be beat. It has all the comfort and driveblility I could ask for but is so reasonable to drive. Low maintenance cost and high trade in value make it an amazing car for the money.

Quality and fun for bargain price
By mithun2005

2007 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car in early 2009. Although dealer said it was one owner, I did not check anything officially (carfax etc). It is at 30,000 miles now from 12,000. Not a single problem so far. Fun to ride. Excellent handling. great exterior look of SE compare to other Galant models. Excellent sound of upgraded audio system. First Galant for me, third in my family. Nothing else can beat the value of this car.

Favorite Features

audio system, ext look, firm but comfortable seats

Suggested Improvements

mileage (barely reaches 25 mpg)

'07 Ralliart Joyride
By MitsuMan

2007 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan Ralliart V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my '07 Ralliart used with 13k miles. Still own a '97 Galant ES with 161k on it (awesome reliability). Have to say, I am absolutely blown away with the Ralliart; it's the most fun I've ever had driving. This car just begs to get out and run in the left lane. Cruises along smooth as silk at 40, 60, 80 MPH. Interior is immaculate and I love the leather and the high quality feel of the dash pieces. Everything about the car just feels right. From the way it drives to the way it looks to the solid, high-quality feel of the controls, seats, and movable parts. Overall, this has to be the best car you never really hear much about. Buy one and you will not be disappointed.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, sunset pearlescent paint, handling, Rockford Fosgate sound system, interior passenger space, trip computer (not navi), satellite radio. Being able to keep up with and pass all of those "high end" sport/lux sedans that get all the big press (and big $$).

Suggested Improvements

About 20HP more from same size engine, better city gas mileage, front seat headrests that reach out to support your head without having to lean back so far, telescoping steering wheel, fold-down back seat. These are all "nice -to-haves" though. This is an excellent car just the way it is.

Poor Paint Job
By Help

2007 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan DE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in Oct. 2007 just before the winter. I noticed what looked like salt in front of the rear tires. When spring came and i washed the car, i noticed it was actually paint that was missing. The dealership contacted mitsubishi and submitted photos. They said it was due to "road wear" so they would not repaint my car even though it was only 6 months old. Shouldn't they use paint on their cars that can stand up to road wear? I have filed a complaint with the review board but haven't heard back yet. When i see another Galant in a parking lot, i always look and there is the same problem to some degree in the same place. I haven't owned the car for a year and it is rusting

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Design the back panels so that they don't catch the sand/rocks from the front tires, which sandblasts the paint away. Big design flaw!

I love this car!
By Mitsubishi PrOpHeT

2007 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've been driving Galants ever since I first started driving and this is the best one yet! My first car was a '95 Galant, my second one was a '00, and now I currently drive the '07. All in all, I can honestly say that this is a GREAT car. PERIOD! Probably will be the only type of car I will ever drive (unless I hit the lottery or something, lol!) I get great gas mileage, handling is pretty good, it looks sharp, and rides very smooth. I couldn't be happier with this purchase. Before I purchased my car, I test drove the Dodge Avenger, the Nissan Altima, and the Chevy Impala, looking for something different, and none of these other vehicles, in my opinion, could come close to the Galant.

Favorite Features

The blue lights at night, the rear view lights(on the SE models and up, nice paint, very comfortable seats, leg space, all 4 windows roll all the way down, radio controls on steering wheel, great gas mileage, trunk space, auto/manual transmission, futuristic look.

Suggested Improvements

Fold down back seats, a lock on club compartment, I-Pod jack, bluetooth capability, heated/cooled seats, heated/cooled cup holders(the one thing I loved about the Dodge Avenger), better radio display(should tell you what your listening to instead of just the station). Turning radius.