2004 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:
Piece of junk!!!
By honeybee27332 on 01/16/13 15:17 PM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2004 galant used in 2007. It was a fantastic car until 2010. We have changed both converters 3 times & o2 sensors once. Also hsve had to have a new starter & a new altenater put on. Not to mention the AC doesn't work anymore either. Going to fix it & get rid of it. Will NEVER own a Mitsubishi again!!!!

Expensive to maintain
By bakerhemlock on 09/05/12 14:45 PM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan LS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Worst car I have owned. Lets see: - A/c condenser went out - 2 window motor/regulators replaced. - Check engine light multiple times. for one, needed spark plugs, tuning etc - check engine P0401 gas cap, valve replaced - timing belts recommended change at 60k. way too early it seems imho - need new struts - power steering acts funny in rainy weather

Great Car!
By gloria62 on 07/21/12 09:17 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Galant brand new in 2004. It's one of the very best cars I have ever owned! After 8 yrs and over 100K miles, she still runs great! The only repairs done have been one window motor, a leak in the floorboard and regular maintenance. I love this car!

My 2nd Galant. Great Car. Would Buy Another
By my2galant on 06/13/12 15:37 PM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I started off with a '97 Galant which I drove until 163,000 mi and spent less than $1000 on repairs for the 7 years I drove the car. I purchased the 2004 Galant as a dealer car. It had 12,000 miles on it. This car has had 1 problem w/AC condenser around 80,000 mi and it cost us $800 to repair. I've never waited for parts. At 130,000 mi we had the timing belt replaced and while engine was apart we had oil pump and seals replaced as preventive main. It cost us $900. We have 210,000 on the car now and it's going strong. We would buy another with no questions. This is a wonderful car to drive and roomy. We average 30MPG on trips. Oil changes are easy DIY. Buy new/used with confidence.

Blah!
By mikedwood on 06/26/11 08:29 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan DE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I like the way it drives and it's strong as can be for a non-turbo 4 cyl, but pray to God for guidance if you need to do much more than change the oil or air filter. This is my 2nd Mitzu and my last ever. Parts are hard to come by and expensive! My wife got it in 2009 and in 2011 before 80,000 miles it needed a head gasket, 2 struts and plates, front axle and two 02 sensors. Parts only avalible from Mitsubishi on all but the 02 sensors. Fortunately my mechanic works at a junk yard by day and stripped the heck out of a wreck and we were able to get about $2,000 in parts for about $500.

Worst Car Experience in my life!
By mrglenn76 on 03/14/11 09:09 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the 2004 Galant six years ago and have had nothing but costly issues with this car. For one, the parts are usually very expensive and most shops will not have them on hand. For special parts you have to order them from Japan and can only order on Tue and Thursdays and it takes about a week to get them in. The major issue of all the issues I have had is with the brakes. Have had 5 brake jobs in the last year and a half. Have had the belt break, the power steering pump go out, had to get the alignment done several times and now I am having an issue either shocks are blown or sway bar link needs replacement. The car looks nice, but it has been a NIGHTMARE!!

Wish I'd chosen another car
By lindag3 on 02/21/11 09:57 AM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan LS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I just got my Mitsubishi Galant 2 months ago (used) and thank God I got the extended warranty with it! I just took it in to dealership last Tuesday and the ABS sensors weren't showing on the dash. They ran into needing more parts and I don't expect it back until end of this week (almost a two week repair!). Thank God for the courtesy car I am able to use. I sure hope this isn't a sign of things to come with this car. I loved it at first but this isn't good two months into a loan! I hope to trade it in as soon as that opportunity comes up. It wasn't great in the snow so I bought two snow tires for the front which did make a difference. The dealership has been helpful I must say.

Decent Nice Car
By CJ4482 on 08/06/10 08:28 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan GTS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 1st Mitsubishi. It's a nice car, decent and I enjoy driving it. I've had A/C problems way too much and the back seating is kind of tight. I would recommend this car for a 1st timer, or a commuter car, poor gas mileage, although I do like this car, I will not be buying another one nor will I be buying any other Mitsubishi.

Should have better reliability
By some_fog on 07/21/10 07:35 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan LS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I owned this car for a 5.5 years. The car got 5 years factory warranty. During the 5 years I've got broken the alarm button, A/C and oxygen sensor. Dealership has fixed that for no cost to me. After 5 years I've got broken the second oxygen sensor and two rear windows. It was unexpected to me and I decided to get rid of the car.

"LEMON" is an understatement!
By TyKc on 07/15/10 17:06 PM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased our Galant in 2006. The look of it really appealed to us. We loved it at first, but things went downhill. We have had squeaky brakes since we got it, the mechanics on the rear driver side window broke causing the glass to fall into the door, and our air conditioner has broken SIX times! We live in the desert so to go without air is NOT an option. We have put more money into fixing the air than our car is even worth. We paid way too much for it and the value decreased too much too fast. We hate it so much but are stuck with it! We have met 3 people with the same year and all 3 have had the same exact problems. I would never buy one again and I was very disappointed.