Used 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Eclipse Spyder model:

Spyder Mania
By Spyder Man

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my Spyder now for almost 3 yrs. I've had absolutely no problems with it mechanically and with 34,000 miles, the tires still have a decent tread. It is an amazingly fun car to drive, especially in the summer w/the top down. The V6 is quite peppy...especially with the sporttronic shifting. Basically, I bought the car strictly for the looks. I have the tan top and interior so it's not that hot in the summer. Plus, it handles well in the snow.

Power convertible top. Nice wheels and an all-around great looking convertible.

Tough to see when the top is up. Interior isn't that impressive. Drivers arm rest is set too high. No trunk release on remote.

My Dream Car...
By Eric K.

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I first drove this car while on vacation in Florida with my girlfriend. 1 week and 1000 miles later, I knew I had to have one. Two weeks ago my car got totalled and I was able to find a low milage Spyder GT for a great price. Cant tell you how much I love this car. I had two Mustang GT's and a Camaro. The Spyder may not have the tire peeling power of the others, but it looks better and is more fun to drive in bad weather. Get what makes you happy...you only live once.

The Top...the rims...the dash...the exterior...the interior...just about everything.

Arm rests lowered on door...locking fuel lid...bigger back window.

Spyder GT- It turns heads.
By Thegame9377

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this vehicle in May and haven't regreted it for a second. I debated back and forth between the coupe and the spyder before deciding on the rag top, and I'm glad I did. This car will DEFINATELY get you attention. When you drive in the Eclipse, sure, heads turn, but when you drive in the Spyder- HEADS SNAP!

I like the SportTronic feature. It's nice to have the shifting power, but at the same time, slap it in drive after you hit the drive thru at McDonalds.

Eibach Pro-Kit springs KYB AGX adjustable Shocks/Struts AEM cold air intake system

BIG BANG! (for the buck)
By silver surfer

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The Spyder handles great, picks up quick, is easy on the eyes and not too costly (to purchase or drive). My very first car was "66 Mustang GT w/ a 3 speed 289. Since then I've driven tons of musle cars: Chargers,Road Runners,Cobras,Novas,Cudas GTOs and many others over my 25 years+ and I gotta say, the Spyder while not as powerfully built as those past bangers it is just plain more fun! It's almost too easy to drive At 5' 10" the cock- pit fits me well. It's very comfortable with the controls easily accessable. Finally, while there's nothing overly fancy about the cock-pit,if you keep it clean it'll still impress your girlfriend(s)

The over-all styling,the handling, the performance,the price, the driving comfort and yes that so, so easy to use top-down button

An automatic recall buyer's clause(they MUST give the car back)for anyone caught driving it with the top up on any given sunny day with tempatures between 70' and 80'!

Spyder2k1
By Perry Green

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The 2001 Mitsubishi Spyder GT Convertible is one of the most fun vehicles I have ever had the opportunity to own and drive. The 200 hp V6 engine with a 5 spd manual transmission has more than enough power. It accellerates rapidly at higher rpm. It launches from 60mph to 100mph in 4th gear with ease. I've driven up mountain roads in Tennessee at 130mph with the top down and had a blast. The precise steering handles sharp curves easily. At 6'2" I have plenty of leg room. The interior styling looks great from the drivers seat and I love driving this car.

Convertible top. When I am in this car, the top is always down unless it's raining or it's just too cold.

Mitsubishi would sell allot more of these cars with some interior improvements. The car should have some luxury refinements such as high quality leather and a better stereo system.