2012 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
We purchased a fully loaded 2012 Cooper S Convertible thinking it would just be a fun cruiser. I have been awed by its excellent handling and performance. Its become my daily driver and despite having a lead foot, I'm getting 33 mpg mostly country driving.
The quality is that of a luxury car - compared to the Honda CR-V and Toyota Prius I also have in the garage. The Honda and Toyota feel like tin cans in comparison.
Once you get used to the quirky controls, the car is nothing but fun.
- Handling + good acceleration + economy car mpg
- Rock solid chassis for a convertible
- Great retro looks
- MINI community rocks! Too many events and great helpful enthusiasts to mention.
- Better nav than any car system I've used (and only $750)
- Mini Connected runs Pandora, Tune-In Radio, MOG and many other apps right on the MINI's display.
- Actually fits 2 adults and 2 kids.
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.