2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
The MINI is so fun to drive
By H&H on 08/02/09 08:10 AM (PDT)

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

This car is a birthday gift for my wife. She loves it very much. The car is very reliable, nothing wrong so far. The fuel efficiency is excellent. This car is very fun to drive, you will enjoy the driving. The MINI drivers are friendly, they smile to each other on the road. The car is small, but it runs very fast, you can easily reach 70mph on highway.

Love it!
By Liz Cook on 07/19/09 13:16 PM (PDT)

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Just got my Mini yesterday, after doing months of research on several compact cars. The minute I test drove the Mini, I was sold. It is good looking, fun to drive and "just me". I am hoping it lives up to my expectations, but so far...it is everything I wanted! I got the red with white top and white bonnet stripes. CUTE!!!!

Love, Love, Love It!!!
By nlc1964 on 06/30/09 13:07 PM (PDT)

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I have wanted one since I saw the Italian Job. I decided to buy one for myself for my Birthday last July. I had to wait 14 weeks for it, but it has definitely been worth it! I got it with the Premium package,the Cold Weather package, Nightfire Red paint and black top/ bonnet stripes. Love the heated seats and mirrors during the cold northern Ohio winter, and have been loving the dual sunroof this Spring/ Summer. I must say, I was a little concerned about the upcoming Winter, but the Mini was a dream to drive in the snow as well. We got hammered a few times last Winter with a foot or more of snow, and the Mini handled the snow better than the Chevy and the Toyota I had owned previously.

Not What You Think
By kLINGON1 on 06/26/09 13:33 PM (PDT)

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have about 3000 miles on this car with, thus far, no defects. I bought the car because fo the retro looks, handling, fuel economy, and relatively low price given the abundance of features. I was correct in all these suppositions but greatly underestimated how disagreeable the ride is. Even after abandoning the pathetic runflats for top rated normal performance tires, the ride is jiggly under all conditions but the smoothest roads. Now those of you not bothered by this and there must be many, fine. However, this is by NO MEANS a discounted BMW. BMWs work magic somehow in the first 10 cm of suspension travel, soaking up road inperfectis while keeping phenomenal traction. This is no BMW

Electrical Gremlins
By John on 05/31/09 14:58 PM (PDT)

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Love the car, hate the electrical bugaboo that has caused it to change abruptly from full on function to stone cold dead. It's up to the dealer at this point to convince me that this can be resolved. I hear they get high marks for service that's customer oriented, so far they have been, but the electrical issue is still there after stranding me the first time. Disappointing because we really like the car, the dealership is trying but I hate the idea of always wondering about electrical issues that are supposedly resolved. We'll see...

OMG I Love my MINI
By LS on 05/29/09 23:18 PM (PDT)

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I saw a MINI probably 10 years ago, wanted one ever since-the night before picking up my MINI concerned I might not like it as well as I hoped -- on the ride home (2 hours from the dealership) I love it more than I could've imagined - - Fall in love with it every morning all over again on my 25 mile commute There's no comparison of the pep of this 4cyl to any American made 4cyl or quality of the overall car -I've driven GM vehicles for 35+ yrs before this car, I think I understand why GM is having finanical difficulties, "sorry GM" I didn't take the decision to buy foreign lightly buying US was instilled in me as a child, but unfortunatly I couldn't find anything even close made by US mfg

MY SECOND MINI S IN 4 YEARS!
By RAM on 05/27/09 15:49 PM (PDT)

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

this car is A+++ in my books my second Mini S in 5yesrs this one is out of this world... A pleasnt experience

Minnesota Mini
By Larry on 05/17/09 14:49 PM (PDT)

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Bought as daily driver. I am not tracking the car so the base model has more than enough power and did not want to deal with the cold start valve clatter or sometimes melting non- functional hood scoop of the "S" model. The money I saved enabled me so by some extras.

Most fun car I've ever owned
By Tony on 05/06/09 06:26 AM (PDT)

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Great car! Let me start by saying that I'm 6'4" 250 and I have plenty of space. Took it on a trip from Detroit Michigan to Naples Flordia 3 months after taking delivery. Averaged 35-MPG for the trip and was comfortable for the 21 hour trip. Turned heads the entire trip and was just a blast to drive. This is my first MINI as well as my first small car and plan to keep it for a long time. Used to lease large SUV's or trucks in the past, but no more. I love my MINI!

Andy's Mini Review
By Andy Klapp on 05/03/09 19:44 PM (PDT)

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I absolutely love my Mini! It's great fun to drive and I get noticed by people who are obviously jealous because they don't have one. I am 6' 2" tall and I have more headroom in my Mini than many vehicles I have driven. The fuel economy is great! I average 35 - 40 MPG around town. My Mini only has three options (speed control, bonnet stripes and checkerboard mirrors) and it was well worth the $20,000 price tag.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.