Used 2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

Best Decision
By Kikapu

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I owned a BMW M3,Jeeps and a Nissan Xterra. I needed a fuel efficient vehicle for my 70 mile per day commute. My husband I test drove the Toyota Prius and hated everything about it. We then stopped at the Mini dealership- and after a test drive we were hooked. I will never be without a Mini again. Gas mileage runs 38-40 mpg and it is an absolute joy to drive.

Handles so well it is as if it was custom made just for me.

I can't think of anything I would change.

not so economical as you had hoped
By Keokola

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I loved my Mini before I bought it brand new. Coveted it for years, saved up for it. Paid cash. But before I drove it off the lot I was told it takes only premium gas-- not the good mileage I thought. Then all the dashboard lights started coming on, one at a time. The low tire light; I can't even tell which tire, but the only way to reset is to take it to Mini Hawaii to have them use the special hi-tech gizmo on it for $135! Then the engine light (which I think is related to a 1st-time gas fillup gas cap mistake) but I can't get that reset without the same $135 diagnostic gizmo. It's still cute, and I still love it but it promises to become very expensive in time and money. I have regret.

It's so darned cute. It's small. It's responsive. The interior is pretty, luxurious, and comfortable. It's quiet. It's look and cachet make me love it and personify it.

Make a Mini that takes regular gas. Tell people the truth about the premium gas--before they buy the car. Make the diagnosis of dashboard lights less expensive. Mini appeals to people's desire for economy and then its maintenance/repair practices fly in the face of this very selling point.

Never judge a car by it's appearance
By Mac

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I was dead set against my wife getting this car. Stupid me.. Gas milage is more than expected, handles great ( dangerously good) and very comfortable after you find your correct position. Having an armrest is a must for comfort. I've never seen my wife so happy to get up and go to work knowing she gets to drive her Mini everyday.

1 - Armrest 2 - Ability to lower drivers seat 3 - Colored lighting 4 - Sunroof 5 - BMW engine new for 2009 vs Chrysler engine 6 - Handeling 7 - Mini people are friendly

1 - Seatbelt always getting stuck behind seat 2 - Radio controls are terrible 3 - Move seatback adjustment to outside of seats, difficult to find and work where it is currently.

Never Thought I'd Own a Mini
By Eric Dise

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Wow, what a fun car! I've owned lots of cars through the years but I've never owned one that could bring such a big smile to my face! The Cooper S has all the features one could ask for in a street legal slalom car! It handles extremely well, is balanced in turns, accelerates when called upon, and is willing to squeeze through tight spots where no ordinary vehicle will venture! Combined mileage has been 31 MPG and that's good with me. I just wish the engine didn't just sip high octane! I'm 6'-2" and fit very comfortably in either front seat (although I prefer the driver's side). The controls are not intuitive but they can be learned. Storage is what you should expect from a sub-compact. Tiny

Sport button, handling, exhaust note, manumatic shift feature, mood lighting, and bolstered seats up front.

The door handles are too plastic and thus squeek and creek. Stock radio is inferior. I should have known better and upgraded.

It's not a car, It's a MINI
By IT'S A MINI

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I started doing research and I drove the new VW CC, the Nissan Maxima and the Mercedes C300. But I wanted something different, something fun to drive, small, sportier, and unique. My solution: MINI COOPER S Dark Silver, Premium and Sport Package. I drove both the base MINI and the S and they are both fine but you can really tell the difference the turbo and the extra HP makes on the S, besides the few differences on the exterior which I find really cool. The MSRP is ar

Panoramic Sunroof, Exterior Design, Go - Cart Handling.

Radio is not what you would expect compared to so many other great features. Some functions are hard to get use to..