2007 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
I like it
By Mini in VA on 05/20/09 06:00 AM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Owned my Mini for a year and a half and it's been a real treat. NO problems. Even after 8 years people still crane to look at them, so don't buy one if you don't want to be noticed. Although it is admittedly a toy we have taken in on long trips to the beach in South Carolina and skiing in Vermont and it surprisingly accommodated my wife and I and all our gear. The little thing travels really well and seems the longer you are in the seats the better they get. I do wish they had put an opaque screen on the sunroof as the Virginia summers get boiling hot, but the auto down windows on the remote helps that some. Drinks in the cup holders tend to unintentionally turn on the seat heaters too.

A blast to drive, even for a tall guy!
By Brian on 04/04/09 05:01 AM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

The Mini corners like a go-kart and is really fun to drive. I prefer it to my Mercedes 320 Kompressor. I have had absolutely no problems with it. Built 3x more rigid than the average car, and 5***** crash ratin, I feel safer in it than most cars. Get the dual sunroof if possible. Only downside is seeing the stoplights for a 6.6" guy, when the seat is set far back. I get 39.5 mpg 6-speed, the low EPA estimate is a joke!

Fun, but not reliable or well designed
By Brian on 03/04/09 14:06 PM (PST)

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Owned/driven my car for 15 months. Fun, but not reliable or well designed. Factory options only (no mods). Since owning, in for repairs SIX times (2x for turbo, 1x for audio amp, 1x for sunroof, 1x for tailpipe recall AND 1 week for replacing a factory built too-small transmission motor mount). My windshield has 3 stone chips and 2 big cracks due to stone hits & the high windshield angle. Engine has cold idle issue where it sounds like a diesel truck for 1-3 minutes. If you want a fun around-town car, are willing to overlook flaws/ major issues, can deal with repair trips to out-of-town dealerships (6 in 15 months), then buy this car. As for me, I'll be selling at the end of the warranty.

I love this car
By jules on 02/23/09 09:44 AM (PST)

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I love my Mini and will definitely get another. Amazing for zooming in and out on the highway, and also awesome for city driving. Our gas mileage is great- high 30's and sometimes even low 40's for pure highway driving. My husband and I are both very tall and find the cabin more than comfortable. I don't have any complaints about this car!

Best Buy
By Louis "GIR" on 01/27/09 18:59 PM (PST)

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my 2nd MINI and I love them. I have done a ton of upgrades and this car zooms more then I thought it could. I bought mine loaded all the perks. Its been worth every dollar. I have won car shows with this car. If you get one I recommend an "S" can do more with it then a Cooper. Bite the bullet and buy the "S". This is not a car for fuel economy its to have fun and drive. If you get one make sure you wave Hi to other MINI's. Don't be rude show some MINI love. If you are getting it for fuel economy buy a Honda. These cars are meant to be family not just to have, but to have fun in.

Mini = Fun
By gabe on 01/11/09 21:13 PM (PST)

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my Mini for about a year and a half. The car has been fantastic, perfectly reliable, a real blast to drive and is quite efficient. I had debated long and hard about getting the S version; however, I have no regrets. The car is super quick, very powerful, and I get about 38-42 MPG depending on how fast drive.

Fun and room for a tall guy
By Brian on 12/27/08 14:53 PM (PST)

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I'm 6'6" tall and this car has more legroom that full size pickup trucks I have ovned. It gets much better mileage than the EPA estimates. I drive 30 miles to work each way, and average 39.5 mpg at an average speed of 37.5. It handles like a go-cart and is fun to drive. I have had Mercedes and Z3 convertables and currentl have a 230 compressor. The Mercedes stays in the garage!

Made our lifes interesting
By driving for fun on 10/31/08 21:47 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Owned in Nov-2007. Never required any service and computer shows that it needs have service after next 8000 miles for my current driving conditions. I had Mazda 6 before this car which was fun to drive but this is way more fun asking for more and more all the way up to turbo boost when I floor the gas pedal. Neither powerful nor fastest but it is quick, agile, solid and builds confidence even at high speeds on irregular pavements and curves never fails to give feedback to the driver. Premium gas is recommended but not required. Plenty of cheers/curious looks/hand waving/questions from others and other Mini owners is something I've seen with Mini Cooper only but not with any other car.

I love my MINI
By bbm on 10/18/08 01:24 AM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is fun to drive and I love its looks. It will never get old. The turbo S had a lot of power especially when I press the sport mode button. I get about 38-40mpg freeway, and aprox 32 combined. The shifting is smooth.

Mini-Cooper-Lisciuos
By Happyboy on 10/02/08 08:42 AM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased mine sparkling silver with white roof and side mirrors in Sept 2007! I traded my brand new Audi 2ltr 2dr A3 coupe! I liked the Audi but I absolutley adore the Mini Cooper. It uses less fuel than a trickling summer water ban water saver sprinkler! Driving it is arouses the limbic brain ( limbic brain is the primitve centre of the brain that makes you prick up your ears whe you are half a sleep and you here a noise in the house.) It awakens all your senses- and stimulates all those driving muscles and pleasure centres! Outdrives, out handles and out-happies every other car I have ever had! It looks like a grown ups kids toy when you see it

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.