2005 MINI Cooper Consumer Reviews 22

2005 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
Wow, what a fun little car!
By Vroom2 on 01/17/05 08:31 AM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I had initial doubts about my wife's choice of the Cooper S but I am happy to report that these were unfounded. This car handles like a dream, has plenty of power and is the coolest thing on 4 wheels. If you're looking for a performance compact and want to avoid the bland design of most of the compettion, then the Cooper S is a great choice.

MINI Luv
By cynmo on 01/15/05 10:00 AM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The MINI handles like a dream. I have driven in icy, snowy, rainy conditions with absolutely NO problems or complaints. It has excellent get-up-and-go (I own a Cooper S.) My 6'2" passenger travels in complete comfort with PLENTY of legroom and headroom (in the front seat.) I love it, love it, love it!

First MINI
By Leslie Potter on 01/12/05 17:17 PM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car was bought for my wife. It is a solid, well build car especially considering the size. Handles and performs very well.

2005 BMW MINI Convertible
By Tracey on 01/09/05 21:43 PM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my MINI Cooper Convertible for 3 weeks now and love it! Even though the car looks small on the outside, there is plenty of room inside. The back seat is very deep so your knees don't touch the back of the front seats. The gas mileage is excellent. There could be a few more 'comfort' features in the cockpit, but everything you need to motor is right at your fingers. The convertible is one touch operation, no latches to fool with, and it has a sunroof option that no other cars have.

One word, "FUN Fun Fun"
By Britishdave on 01/03/05 18:24 PM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

One drive of this car and you know right away what all the fuss is about. It truely is that good! Thanks to European gear ratios and go- kart cornering, mine has had fun staying up with some expensive metal on the mountain roads this summer. If you know anything about MINI Cooper history, you know that in years to come many of these cars will be tore apart and rebuilt into 300hp plus pocket rockets. They already have 250-280hp aftermarket tuning kits available. Can you imagine? Great mileage, awesome low depreciation values, complete standard features all adds up to a fun car that loves to be driven at a fraction of the cost of competing toys.

New owner
By dutch27 on 12/31/04 10:24 AM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Just bought this MCS yesterday for my wife and it's a blast! Like eveeryone says...it has a very high 'Fun Factor'; lots of extras i.e. puddle lights in the doors; headlights wash themselves, etc,etc. I'm 6'4" and I have plenty of leg room & head room. May trade in my MB E320 for one of these '05 MCS. Here's a test - try pushing the MCS from the side. It doesn't move,hence... max. stability !!! Incredible machine

My "Fun" Car
By larenzo on 12/30/04 17:14 PM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car just long enough to put 1650 miles, but I have enjoyed every mile driven. The car handles so much better than I ever imagined for the price. For a 1.6 liter engine the power is amazing even in 5th gear. The appointments available are great and the price for these additions is also great. The sun roof works great and I have no wind noise. The door windows fit themselves into groves thus eliminiating wind noise. I have taken the car on a trip and the gas milage is as advertised. I drove for several hours and was not tired. I sure like the accelleration for an engine with only 115 hp.

chili hot mini
By yellekk on 12/29/04 17:16 PM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I got my mini convertible in Oct 2004. It is great to drive and draws stares where ever i go. It is very responsive and has quick pick up when needed. i highly recommend a Mini to anyone who loves to drive. My only complaint is the alarm system wasn't in when I got the Mini and after 2 months it is still not in. Apparently there was some problem on the alarm system for the convertibles and there is a delay in getting them to the dealerships for installation.

Joys of Motoring
By Babe Ruth on 12/28/04 10:25 AM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

At first, I was somewhat shocked that I switched from a minivan to this tiny car. But within a day of driving, I realized why I fell in love with this high performance car. It is not a smooth ride but a thrilling ride. Extremely safe, quick, manuverable and surprisingly comfortable.

Love My MINI Cooper Convertible
By jean03766 on 12/21/04 21:49 PM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My MINI Cooper Convertible is so much fun to drive. It surprises people who think it is a powerless compact car. It appeals to all ages. This car will probably be driven by my grandchildren, someday! My license plate says it all: MAXIFUN!