Used 1995 Mercury Tracer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Mercury Tracer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tracer model:

Good Car
By Dee

1995 Mercury Tracer LTS 4dr Sedan

I have had this car since 1995 (Trio). Had some minor repairs. Belts, loose heat sheild,etc. Kept up my maintenance. Never left me stranded. Did overheat one time (needed temp thing, cheap) Now my son drives it. Little bit of rust, interior is ok (teenager owned now), gas mileage good. Was not my choice when I bought. But it has taken good care of my family for a long time! And now I wouldn't give it up for nothing. Paid off, cheap repairs, and still runs! Not til it gives up on us. otherwise my daughter will have it next. rather she likes it or not! It is after all 4 moving wheels.

great little car
By grease mokey

1995 Mercury Tracer 4dr Sedan

smooth riding car with decent acceleration . no mechanical problems at all just rutine maintenance. freezing cold air conditioning!!! GREAT GAS MILEAGE FOR CITY AND HIGHWAY! all around a very nice affordable car

gas milage cold air conditioning very dependable

none

GREAT!!!
By Miss you

1995 Mercury Tracer 4dr Sedan

This was one of the best cars I have ever owned oe driven. This car never broke down and left me stranted. Very little maintance. I had 180,000= miles when it finally "went". I htink the deal was wanting me to buy a new car. Told me my engine just went. I had it in the shop for a accelerator motor put on and a tune up. Less then a month latter my engine went. It may not have been a $200,000 dollar car but to me it was priceless. I should have gotten a second opinion.

The confort, gas mileage, overall it was great

Good little car
By Mrs. Brown

1995 Mercury Tracer 4dr Sedan

I bought this car because I wanted an economy car. That's exactly what this car is. This car had very little extras, and most everything was manual, not power. I pay very little to keep this car up. Gas mileage is good and the car has only had a couple small repairs, which costed very little. It left me stranded once, but that was because a belt broke, and it was a very cheap fix. It has been very reliable for me. It gets a lot of use but keeps on truckin, needing little more then it's usuall maintenance. It is the only car that I feel I have gotten my money's worth out of.

I have had no expensive fixes, like I have with the chevy lumina and brand new malibu, ford taurus, and dodge 600.Still looks decent even though it's an old boxy car.

The AC seams to suck power from the car, that needs to be remedied.

Below Average
By Mecuryburn

1995 Mercury Tracer LTS 4dr Sedan

I'd caution against purchasing a Merc that is more than 3 years old. For the first few years, I had no problems whatsoever. The best attribute of the Tracer is that it is cheap. My car finally went after about 5 years of regular usage (also regular maintenance, oil change, etc.)I also had to replace a timing belt, and the air bag partially detonated causing a loud and embarrassing squeak on long turns. Since not all of us are getting a big slice of that mega tax break, perhaps there is still a market left for this vehicle. I'd say if you still have options, look past the Tracer and get your money's worth on a better car.

Gas Mileage, price.

Stereo system weak, appearance somewhat ugly, car is a junky in general