2004 Mercury Marauder 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews 4

2004 Mercury Marauder - Consumer Reviews

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Base Sedan (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

Base 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic - (72 reviews )
ImpMauler
By FinishLine on 04/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

First thing first. This car can stamp out any Impala on the road. However, the Imp was built almost ten years ago and still is a worthy adversary. To me that doesn't make sense. This car should have been 360 horsepower more low end torque and equipped with a five speed automatic/auto stick. Then I would be able to understand Ford's ingenious advertising scheme for this car (not!)Which we all know was no advertisement at all. Because you wouldn't have to advertise a car like that. But that didn't happen did it? And that is why this is the last year the beloved Marauder will be built. What a shame!!

LOOOOVE IT
By namllitsdad on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great style Fun to Drive Faaaaaast

03 Muscle not there!
By novars71 on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The hype that this mercury is in the lines of any muscle car just isn't true. The 302hp engine does not do it, poor acceleration, good for high speed driving but 0-60 not impessive. That's what the "muscle cars" were all about. I still have a 1971 chevy nova small block that will leabve this mercury in the dust. Its basically a souped up Grand Marquis with a high $35000 price tag and I regret buying it.

Great Car
By ryannelson111 on 04/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great fun to drive car. I traded in my 1997 Crown Vic with 210,000 miles on a 04 Marauder and couldnt be happier, plus Merc is offering 0% interest for 5 years. Great exhaust note but not too loud. The car is basically a new Crown Vic Sport with better engine, no woodgrain, much better suspension, and bling bling wheels. Most people have never heard of a Marauder which is a plus in my book. Plus it tows my 3000 lb trailer with no problem. Should be easy to repair and maintain since it is basically a Crown Vic. Only one brand and model of tires available to fit rear (which might be an expensive proposistion several years from now).

Awesome 04!
By mercmarauder on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The Marauder is even better for 04 - with new colors, a beefier transmission, and more agressive tune! Sweet!

Good to have Muscle again
By Clyde Bohanna on 03/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car reminds me fo the early 70's, when we were overwhelmed with muscle cars. This car brings power, and comfort. This has been one of the best cars I have ever owned. This vehicle is just a pleasure to drive. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone who need speed & comfort.

HEAD TURNER
By bad by choice on 03/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This auto is a real head turner.Big and bold styling.The chrome wheels and metallic red paint drew rave reviews from family and freinds.The bucket seats are very supportive especially with the lumbar support.This auto has 302 horses from a 281 cubic inch engine.What more could you ask for! ABS,TRACTION CONTROL and great detail inside and out.Big by nature and a lot of fun to drive.

EXCELLENT CAR
By U-SAVE on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

EXCELLENT VEHICLE COMFORTABLE NICE LOOKING BUILT FEATURES GREAT SEATING EXCELLENT MUSIC SOUND GREAT BACK SEAT COMFORTABLE FOR SMALL AND LARGE PEOPLE RATES WITH THE FOREIGN CARS VERY WELL IF NOT BETTER

2004 Mercury Marauder - Black
By wernergu on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great comfort, can get into the fast lane quick (while coming in from the on ramp), makes for a "safe feeling" ride (especially with all that steel around you). Funny to see people getting out of my way thinking that I am a cop - until they see the Registration Sticker in the back window. Also interesting to see a lot of old timers giving the car the once over - it catches their eyes since they are driving normal Grand M's or Crown Vic's. One word of advice, for those that live up North - buy a remote starter (or better yet, do as I did and negotiate it as part of the deal - I got it for "free"). BEWARE: No snow tires are made for the back wheels.

I love this car
By DPJ on 02/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercury Marauder 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

In the three months I've this car, I've fallen in love with. Big fast car. Fun to drive, and I feel very safe in it. With everyone driving SUV's, it's nice to be in a large car that rips up the pavement. Gas mileage isn't geat, but we're talking about a big car.