2001 Mercury Grand Marquis - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:
Bubbling and Peeling Paint
By Great Dayne on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have purchased Ford products for 44 yrs! From mustangs to Lincoln town cars! I own a 2001 Mercury grand marquis ls and a 2004 Mercury grand marquis gs! The problem is the bubbling and peeling paint on both my Mercury's! The 2001 is peeling in the seams around the back window and roof and have started to rust! The 2004 has the major paint problem! I have the same problem as the 2001 but, much, much worse! The roof paint is literally bubbling off the metal as it is around the back window! The weird thing is that I met a woman at the gas station (that has a 2003 marquis). Her gd marquis is peeling in the same places as mine! Rust is all over this car!

My 2001 Mercury Grand LS
By Julia on 06/09/10 18:52 PM (PDT)

2001 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Second Grand Marguis LS I've owned and it's because they drive and ride so easy and have such power. Roomy, comfortable, luxury at it's best. I love it. Someone backed into me in the Arby's parking lot once and I had to have it repaired. The Robert Hutson dealership did a great job. I always had service done at 3,000 miles and have not had any problems.

The best of the best
By Scott on 04/22/10 09:35 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned the Marquis for over three years. Got the car with 54,000 miles and after the three years of beating it down with delivery service for almost 100,000 of my own miles, the car is still running magnificently. My mom had a 96 and put 308,000 miles and it was still running. These cars are reliable

Reliable
By Chris on 06/22/08 23:23 PM (PDT)

2001 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 2001 Grand Marquis LS and it is a very reliable car even with over 174,000 miles on it. The only things that kept this thing from starting was a few bad alternators and at about 170,000 miles a bad ignition switch. The gas mileage in this thing is a killer. I get about 15 city and 22 highway, but I don't drive like the car is made for, a grandma. For a V8 this car's horsepower is way less than impressive, most V6's and a lot of l4's nowadays have more power than it. If you want a safe, reliable family car then the Grand Marquis is the way to go. If I were to buy it again I would rebuild it to how Ford should have.

2001 Grand Marquis LS
By Sarandos on 03/11/07 18:31 PM (PDT)

2001 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This was our first large sedan. We found it to be luxurious and very comfortable. Mil age was a pleasant surprise at 21 mpg around town and 27 mpg on long runs (8 cross country trips). Generous trunk space is a plus for long, extended trips. We had one traveling mishap; on the first return trip from out West the transmission went out. We stopped at a nearby town where the transmission was replaced in a couple of days. We were loaned a car to get around with and treated well. Upon our return, I submitted bills for hotel and meals which were promptly paid. Over all we found the car to be everything we wanted and a bit more. As a result of our good experience, we purchased a 2006 Grand Marquis

2001 mercury grand marquis ls
By Juan Valdez on 07/23/06 21:05 PM (PDT)

2001 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great car to do the open road in. Gas mileage is better than you would expect from a car this large.The only problem is the rear shocks/spring set-up. If you do not want the rear of the car to sit low in rear loaded, you need to put overload shocks on it. With these on you still have a great ride, with no sag. Climate control is a must have option, now that I experienced it. Also do the cloth interior, no cold or sticky leather. If I had to buy another car right now, it would be another Mercury Grand Marquis LS.

My Opinion
By Carl on 03/27/06 08:07 AM (PST)

2001 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have been well pleased with My Gran Marquis. It is my second one and I plan on getting another. It is especially good for long trips. It provides an extreemly smooth and comfortable ride, with good acceleration, and responsive handling. I get about 20-22 MPG on the highway at speeds crowding (sometimes exceeding) the limits. I appreciate the large trunk space. I have driven it from St Louis, MO. to Niagra Falls, Orlando, through the Rockies and to numerous shorter (300-400 Miles) with no breakdowns or difficulties. I am proud of my "Merc".

B +++
By J.F.K. on 03/11/06 05:59 AM (PST)

2001 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

A great car, power when needed in all situations and weather conditions.This marquis as like my work vehicle in(law enforcement) drives 100% identically. The very same car as a crown vic but the next size up in class. Love it !

Will only buy grand marquis!
By candy on 02/01/06 19:35 PM (PST)

2001 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I had a 1996 model with 201,000 miles on it when I bought this 2001 model. I had no problems at all.I will only buy the best and this is the BEST! Thanks Mercury for your great performance and continue building them the way they are.

great car!
By ctbruce on 11/13/04 03:07 AM (PST)

2001 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love my car! It is the best value for the money. It is very reliable. I have never had one problem with it. Bells and whistles are many.