Used 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:

Marquis GS in Russia
By max_lovyago

1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan

I bought this fantastic car two mounth ago and really felt in love with it! In Russia, even in Moscow there are few Mercurys, and especially Marquis. So you drive through Moscow crazy streets like a king! This car has exellent peformance, super comfort (very quiet at the road) and very powerful AC (yes, our summers are hot - 100 F*). My car's mileage is 89 460, but it has contract motor and new transmition - so like new one. It's very pity thst we have few good roads, and maximum speed limit is 74 mph =( So, i want to say thanks to ford, who made such extraordinary car!

V8, Power steering, AC

Shock absorbers should be more adapted for violent roads

'93 Marquis what a car
By 93 marquis

1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car because I needed a four door due to 3 kids. Now we drive it all the time. The gas mileage is great for an older car but it runs like a dream. I can't even tell the engine is running. And passing power is amazing. State troopers use it, but there is a reason they do. It's pure fun to drive and comfy as a warm blanket on a cold night.

The room you have and passing power

Don't make the wheel covers so expensive.

Good ol workhorse
By Paul Elzey

1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan

The 93 GS that I owned was as reliable as the sun rising every morning - hardly a problem in 80000 miles of ownership. I ran the miles up to just over 160,000. The engine used no oil between 3000 mile oil changes and was always willing to run. The body was as tight as any car I've ever ridden in, with minimal noise from wind.

My favorite thing about owning/driving this car was the 'habit' of it all. It was like moving your arm - it just did just what you thought it should. Reliability was outstanding.

I suppose you could improve on the GS by moving up to the LS, but the most glaring thing missing was cup holders. Also the road noise was a little louder than I thought it should be. The trunk also leaked after about 110,000 miles and just before I traded it the right rear door seals were leaking.

Best Darn Car I Ever Owned
By Steven Rapp

1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan

I've owned BMW's , Mercedes and Jags, but the Mercury Marquis is the best car for the money. I've driven this car thru thick and thin, including moving 5 times, a divorce, and this baby has been with me the whole way. She is as comfortable and rides just like new and she now has 185,000 miles. Car looks and rides like new. I salute the engineers and workers at Ford-Canada for producing a wonderful product for a working stiff like me.

None.