2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Consumer Reviews 8

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:
Pure Power
By Unboss on 11/17/05 16:02 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I pressed the pedel, and power came calling. I moved the steering wheel, and moved around a dime. Everyone has a positive opinion of how great my car looks. The cockpit fits like a custom fit glove! Now the first payment is due, ah well who is better then ME! (My wife) It's worth it. Pure!

"crisis car"
By richard gunn on 11/07/05 17:28 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Given my age at 65... I'm a good ways past a mid-life crisis! I decided to get a convertible "crisis car". Like MB says...life is too short and the road too long not to drive a Benz. I have owned and driven four Nissan Z cars in the most recent years. The SLK, in my opinion, is by far the better car! I think the car gives you beyond what you might expect from a roadster in this price range. Others agree that with a mere flick of a switch you're in a convertible or hardtop...it doesn't get any better!! In my opinion this car gives you all the power and all the performance that you would need in todays traffic conditions. The gas mileage is a definite advantage given todays current prices!!

Perfect-10
By oldman55 on 10/30/05 17:28 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

Purchased the 030 package; well worth the price. The braking and improved handling over the standard 55 can be measured by the seat-of-your-pants dyno. Zero to WOW in about 15 seconds. The "Nuerburgring" suspension allows this vehicle to corner with anything- bar none.

Perfect car-SLK55
By oldman55 on 10/21/05 23:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

18-19MPG in town. 0-WOW in seconds. Optional 030 package is worth every penny. Braking is unreal.

Cute but dangerous. Be Careful.
By RCaugh on 10/08/05 13:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third Benz in as many years. Had the SLK 320, SL 500, now SLK 350. Unfortunately, I already rear ended a Lincoln Towncar in LA. The anitlock brakes locked and I slid 300 feet going 45 mph. Mercedez denies this but the skid marks proved the brakes locked. Did zero damage to the Lincoln but $10K damage, 6 weeks in shop, to my SLK. The front is entirely plastic save the hood, but that plastic is incredibly pricey. No engine damage. Later going 10 miles per hour and slammed brakes and skidded. This car does not want to stop, too light. Be careful - stay back. Tried to upgrade to Nav system, 6 disk CD, and iPod integration. ALL are factory, no upgrades.

SLK350
By gloria on 10/05/05 09:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love the car it handles great. It has a lot of power & great pick up speed which makes it great for getting in & out of traffic. It also turns on a dime. For a 2 seater it is very comfortable. I love the car!

Unreliable
By Martin P on 09/10/05 13:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Two weeks after purchasing the car check engine light came on. Dealer could not find any thing wrong when took the car in. Engine check light comes on and off (Not because the gas cap is not tight). Dealer says nothing to worry about. A few days later ESP light came on. After that had problem to turn the car on. Tried to trade in the car that purchased for $60K with less than 800 miles, they offered only $41K.

I love this car
By dancingstar on 09/05/05 16:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the only car I've ever had that makes me laugh when I drive it cause it's just so much fun to drive...and it's so very beautiful. I don't even mind sitting in Los Angeles traffic -- well, except when I'm stuck behind some truck blowing smoke in my face when the top is down. My car is black on black, and I call it "Black Beauty." I especially enjoy the neck warmer so that I can take advantage of the hard-top convertible even when it gets cooler at night. If you don't want attention, this car isn't for you cause people sure do notice it. :-)

I love this car!
By dancingstar on 09/01/05 22:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I haven't had a car that made me laugh when I drive it since my Triumph in high school. It is beautiful, handles like a dream and is a blast to drive on the open road or in Los Angeles traffic.

Excellent Automobile!
By Anthony Archambault on 08/12/05 17:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

The Mercedes-Benz SLK 55 AMG is probably one of the fastest affordable roadsters around. With its Formula One inspired design, this car gets looks by all sorts of people. On the mechanical side, the Formula One inspired gear box helps deliver the V8's 355 HP to the wheels giving the driver a neck snapping take off. The steering response is the quickest I've ever seen in any automobile. The braking is superb. It can slow you down from 95 m.p.h. so fast that your organs fall out of place ( Attempted in a controlled enviroment). As for the interior, its very roomy. The nice bucket seats will keep you firmly planted. Finally, the paddles a nicely postioned behing the steering wheel. AMG Rocks!