Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK320 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:

Fun Coupe or Convertible
By Patrick

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK320 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I did have a 98 230 SLK with 4k but was totaled by a drunk driver. I purchased a 06 Chrysler Crossfire, thinking I would have the same experience and save money. No comparing. The SLK series Mercedes is one of the coolest convertible roadsters on the market. Performance, looks, roadster feel, with more class than most roadsters. I sold the Chrysler right away and began searching to replace the 230 with a newer 320 with no regret.

Performance and the cool hardtop retractable. Great in any environment. The car is reasonably comfortable on a long trip as well.

The cup holder is awkward at best. Any spil goes directly on the stereo and wood dash.

No bells or whistles
By Benz42

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK320 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car is especially fun to drive, even at slow speeds. With exceptional handling, acceleration cornering, the envious stares I get from other drivers are just icing on the cake. I love the automatic fold-and-stow hardtop, and the way the car feels when I'm in it. I also love the sound of the exhaust when I'm accelerating hard, especially when compared to my previous 4 cylinder turbo MazdaSpeed Protege. This is a fun and prestigious car to drive and own. I'm glad I found it.

Found this 2003, Designo Silver SLK320 with only 17K miles. Buying it was a no brainer since I'd been looking for over a year and nothing else came close to the condition - Like NEW! Even my local Mercedes dealer was impressed. Styling is second to none and it feels like a Mercedes. I love it.

What's up with the lack of luxury features? My wife has a 2000 Explore with more in the way of useful gadgets, such as a trip computer, digital climate control, and a CD player. This lack of technology was a big disappointment to me, as I would expect more than the basics in a Benz!

Too Hot To Handle
By Unclegee

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK320 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

My 2003 SLK 320 is the result of my mid life crisis so says my lovely girl friend. If so, so be it. It is quick, agile, always turns heads. The fit and finish is perfect. Top up it is smooth quite and the Bose sound system is outstanding. Top down wind noise is minimal, and the fun factor is off the chart. And to top it off I consistently get 28/30 mpg on the freeway at a modest 65mph. Where else can you get head turner looks, performance of a V8, due to its light weight, and fuel economy as good or better than those little shoe boxes the car makers are trying to pawn off on us. Another bonus, parts are no more than an American car. Dealers are very reasonable.

Power, handling, looks, fit and finish, convertible hardtop, fuel economy.

Can't think of any, it is pretty much perfect.

Awesomelittle car
By Donna

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK320 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I wanted a convertible but live on a dirt road so looked at hardtops. Glad I bought this one. It is fun to drive...way different than my BMW 525i. While my BMW is a great driving machine, it is heavy and moving the steering wheel requires some work. With this Mercedes its very light and the steering wheel moves extrememly easily. I had to get used to the difference. Sometims I want more than a 2 seater, sometimes I want more room - but I made this choice - - the tradeoff I've made. Also the car is so low and my friends always groan getting in or out because it's hard to get in and out.

The overall look, the wind not blowing my hair all over when I have the top down, how cool the top looks going down or coming up, the heated seats..the cassette tape option behind the stereo is great as I have a huge book on tape library I've collected for commuting.

I have been hearing a noise recently, tomorrow I am taking to a dealership. I have just over $50,000 miles on it. I think the dealership is bad as the last fix they did they charged me for and i think it should have been covered by my warranty. I think my BMW might have been slightly more dependable

Sporty, fun, fast and power to spare!
By SMarciano1

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK320 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I find my 2003 SLK-320 always fun to drive. It's a sporty and a real head turner going down the road. If the sun is out, the top is down. Or 25 seconds later it can be a hardtop again. You'll need to watch the speedometer because it is truly effortless to get to and exceed highway speeds. I love the throaty sound when I step on the gas. The motor eagerly responds at all speeds with ease. Comfortable seats and ride with plenty of legroom. Almost intuitive handling in turns, curves and "other" manuvers. The cockpit has well laid out gauges and controls. I've had no problems to date.

Hardtop convertible, in 25 seconds it's either a convertible or hardtop. The heated seats warm quickly and allow top down driving more often and they are nice in brisk mornings or nights. The Bose sound system is well suited for this car top up or down.

Drink holder should be better placed. Stock radio needs to be updated. No one uses tapes anymore. The CD changer needs to come out of the trunk and into the front console (integrated into headunit would be best) where it belongs.