2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:
Fun Coupe or Convertible
By Patrick on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK320 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I did have a 98 230 SLK with 4k but was totaled by a drunk driver. I purchased a 06 Chrysler Crossfire, thinking I would have the same experience and save money. No comparing. The SLK series Mercedes is one of the coolest convertible roadsters on the market. Performance, looks, roadster feel, with more class than most roadsters. I sold the Chrysler right away and began searching to replace the 230 with a newer 320 with no regret.

No bells or whistles
By Benz42 on 10/01/09 06:25 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK320 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car is especially fun to drive, even at slow speeds. With exceptional handling, acceleration cornering, the envious stares I get from other drivers are just icing on the cake. I love the automatic fold-and-stow hardtop, and the way the car feels when I'm in it. I also love the sound of the exhaust when I'm accelerating hard, especially when compared to my previous 4 cylinder turbo MazdaSpeed Protege. This is a fun and prestigious car to drive and own. I'm glad I found it.

Too Hot To Handle
By Unclegee on 04/19/08 09:33 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK320 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

My 2003 SLK 320 is the result of my mid life crisis so says my lovely girl friend. If so, so be it. It is quick, agile, always turns heads. The fit and finish is perfect. Top up it is smooth quite and the Bose sound system is outstanding. Top down wind noise is minimal, and the fun factor is off the chart. And to top it off I consistently get 28/30 mpg on the freeway at a modest 65mph. Where else can you get head turner looks, performance of a V8, due to its light weight, and fuel economy as good or better than those little shoe boxes the car makers are trying to pawn off on us. Another bonus, parts are no more than an American car. Dealers are very reasonable.

Awesomelittle car
By Donna on 09/03/07 21:39 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK320 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I wanted a convertible but live on a dirt road so looked at hardtops. Glad I bought this one. It is fun to drive...way different than my BMW 525i. While my BMW is a great driving machine, it is heavy and moving the steering wheel requires some work. With this Mercedes its very light and the steering wheel moves extrememly easily. I had to get used to the difference. Sometims I want more than a 2 seater, sometimes I want more room - but I made this choice - - the tradeoff I've made. Also the car is so low and my friends always groan getting in or out because it's hard to get in and out.

Sporty, fun, fast and power to spare!
By SMarciano1 on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK320 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I find my 2003 SLK-320 always fun to drive. It's a sporty and a real head turner going down the road. If the sun is out, the top is down. Or 25 seconds later it can be a hardtop again. You'll need to watch the speedometer because it is truly effortless to get to and exceed highway speeds. I love the throaty sound when I step on the gas. The motor eagerly responds at all speeds with ease. Comfortable seats and ride with plenty of legroom. Almost intuitive handling in turns, curves and "other" manuvers. The cockpit has well laid out gauges and controls. I've had no problems to date.

2003 slk320
By akallenbe on 11/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK320 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

drives and handles extremely well and is a steal at the going rate

smart buyer
By pumpkin on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK320 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

this car was great except for the rear view visiblity-it was very hard to see behind the car...driver had to use side rear view mirrors to operate car.

Life is just a tad bit sweeter
By pollywork1 on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK320 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car is the ultimate in class. Heads turn, you feel good, and look better driving this car. The car itself runs amazing and fails to dissapoint.

benz is best
By alicat on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK320 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car has an incredible ride. Handles nice and tight. i'm a small woman, this car fits me like a glove. I love the call in features: Emergency tracking, questions on repairs and information. The only complaint i have is, that the seat is on the hard side, typical for Mercedes. I lease the car and will probably not want to give it back. p.s. i drive the 4 seater CLK

slk320 experience
By devil113 on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

fast, maneuverable, comfortable